YR 3 ☆•°~'* 09

❈🌠➵9¾♌ ⚯ 🗲━━━━━★. *・。゚✧⁺

Harry and Y/N were walking back to the common room after their fifth anti-dementor lesson with Lupin. Y/N had finally been able to produce a real Patronus, a beautiful Y/P (Your Patronus) that charged down the dementor-boggart, but she wasn't able to conjure it again; it had taken so much of her power to produce one the first time that it was much more difficult to do it again. Lupin assured that with enough practice, she'd be able to produce it every time she wanted to.

 Harry, however, wasn't as lucky. He had only managed to produce a feeble, indistinct silvery shadow that couldn't keep the dementor away. Of course, Harry was affected by the dementor far more than Y/N, which explained why it was more difficult for him.

'I think it's partly because I want to hear my parents again,' said Harry guiltily as they walked down a corridor. 

'I'm sure you'll be able to conjure it soon,' Y/N reassured him. 'It really is difficult, having to concentrate on both a happy memory and the charm...'

'What do you think of, when you produce it?' Harry asked her curiously.

'You,' said Y/N truthfully, and Harry raised his eyebrows, blushing slightly. 'And- and Ron and Hermione, and the first time I saw Hogwarts,' she added hastily. 'What about you?'

'My mum and dad,' he said, smiling to himself. 'Just mum and dad talking. It's not happy exactly - well, it is - it's the happiest I've ever felt.' 

Y/N smiled at him sadly, and wrapped an arm around his shoulder, giving him a side hug. Y/N's jumper slowly changed to F/C as she hugged him. They walked like that for a moment, before turning a corner and almost colliding with Professor McGonagall. 

'Do watch where you're going, Potter, Y/L/N!' she said sharply.

'Sorry, Professor-'

'I've just been looking for you in the Gryffindor common room, Potter. Well, here it is, we've done everything we could think of, and there doesn't seem to be anything wrong with it at all. You've got a very good friend somewhere...'

Professor McGonagall held out Harry's Firebolt, looking as magnificent and new as when he first got it. Y/N gaped at it, pulling away from Harry as he grabbed the Firebolt.

'I can have it back?' he said weakly. 'Seriously?'

'Seriously,' repeated McGonagall, now smiling. 'I daresay you'll need to get a feel for it before your match against Ravenclaw. And do make sure to win, won't you Potter?' She added sharply. 'Snape kindly reminded me only last night that Gryffindor would be out of the running for the Quidditch Cup for the eighth year in a row...' 

'Yes, of course,' said Harry, still gaping at his Firebolt. 'Thanks, Professor!'

She smiled at him and turned to Y/N. 'Do cheer extra hard as you did the last match, Y/L/N.' Y/N blushed slightly and grinned.

They walked back to the Gryffindor common room and saw Ron dashing towards them, grinning from ear to ear. 

'You got it back! Excellent, listen, can I still have a go on it tomorrow?'

'Yeah, anything,' said Harry, still smiling.

'You two should make up with Hermione, you know... I mean, she was only trying to help,' said Y/N matter-of-factly.

'Yeah, all right,' said Ron. 'She's in the common room, doing homework for a change.'

They walked into their common room through Sir Cadogan's portrait hole, and the moment they appeared in the common room, Harry was swarmed by people exclaiming over his Firebolt, wanting to hold it or ride it.