YR 5 ☆•°~'* 08

❈🌠➵9¾♌ ⚯ 🗲━━━━━★. *・。゚✧⁺

Y/N went down to breakfast early the next morning with Hermione, who kept reiterating that she had to wake up early every day for her OWLs year.

'Does that mean you're going to wake me up at a quarter to seven every morning?' Y/N groaned, sitting at the nearly empty Gryffindor table in the Great Hall.

'We have to!' said Hermione, scooping some scrambled eggs onto her plate. 'We need to start building good habits now or we'll drown in homework and fail all of our exams and end up being expelled and living on the streets!'

Halfway to putting a slice of toast into her mouth, Y/N stared up at Hermione, who already looked anxious. She met Y/N's gaze and blinked.

'OK, maybe I'm exaggerating a little bit-'

'A lot, you mean,' said Y/N. 'Relax, Mione...'

Halfway into breakfast, Harry and Ron joined them at the table. Harry squeezed into a seat right next to Y/N, even though there was a free space opposite. 

'Good morning, you two,' said Y/N. 

'Not "good",' said Harry glumly, snatching up a treacle tart from a plate nearby.

Hermione raised her eyebrows in surprise. 'What's up with you?'

When Harry didn't say anything, Ron said, 'Seamus thinks Harry's lying about You-Know-Who.'

'Oh... Yeah, Lavender thinks so too,' said Hermione gloomily.

'Been having a nice little chat with her about whether or not I'm a lying, attention-seeking prat, have you?' Harry said loudly.

'No,' said Hermione calmly. 'I told her to keep her big fat mouth shut about you and Y/N, actually.'

'Harry, I was with you,' said Y/N, annoyed. 'You seem to forget that fact a lot-'

'I didn't forget!' said Harry swiftly. 'I didn't mean you were speculating, just-'

'And you also seem to forget that Hermione and Ron are both on your side,' Y/N trudged on. 

There was a short pause in which Harry looked down at his plate guiltily.

'I'm sorry,' he said in a low voice.

'That's quite all right,' said Hermione with dignity. But she shook her head and broke into a sly grin. 'But you should've seen what Y/N did to Lavender's favourite fashion magazines...'

Harry's lips parted and he looked around at Y/N. 'You didn't...'

'Did so,' Y/N chuckled and Ron choked on the juice he was drinking, causing him to turn redder than he usually was. 

Hermione patted him on the back firmly until he stopped coughing and started laughing instead. Harry didn't seem to notice that Ron almost died because he was staring at Y/N with admiration.

'You're brilliant,' he said, his eyes twinkling.

'Why, thank you,' said Y/N, grinning at Harry.

'When you two are done flirting,' said Ron with a cough, nodding his head towards someone behind Harry and Y/N.

Harry spun around in his seat and looked up at Angelina Johnson.

'Hi, Angelina.'

'Hi,' she said briskly, 'good summer?' And without waiting for an answer, 'Listen, I've been made Gryffindor Quidditch Captain.'

'Nice one,' said Harry, grinning.

'Yeah, well, we need a new Keeper now Oliver's left. Tryouts are on Friday at five o'clock and I want the whole team there, all right? Then we can see how the new person'll fit in.'