DH ☆•°~'* 05

A/N - This chapter... Teehee.

❈🌠➵9¾♌ ⚯ 🗲━━━━━★. *・。゚✧⁺

Harry was sure Kreacher would turn up with Mundungus within a day, but Y/N wasn't so convinced, knowing how sneaky the thief was. True to Y/N's beliefs, the elf did not show up. However, two cloaked men had appeared in the square outside number twelve, gazing in the direction of the house that they could not see. 

'Death Eaters, for sure,' said Ron, as he, Harry, Y/N and Hermione watched from the drawing-room windows. 

'How do they know we're in here?' asked Y/N anxiously, watching the Death Eaters march back and forth.

'They don't,' said Hermione, though she looked frightened. 'They'd have sent Snape in after us if they did.'

'Still weird,' muttered Y/N, fists clenched on the windowsill. A hand covered Y/N's left fist, and he looked up at Harry.

'We'll be OK,' Harry assured, rubbing a thumb over the back of Y/N's hand. 

'Hopefully,' said Ron, chewing on his lip. 

The presence of the Death Eaters outside increased the ominous mood inside number twelve. They had not heard a word from anyone beyond Grimmauld Place since Mr Weasley's Patronus, and the strain was starting to tell.

Restless and irritable, Ron had developed an annoying habit of clicking his Deluminator on and off, which particularly infuriated Hermione, who was whiling away the wait for Kreacher by studying The Tales of Beedle the Bard and did not appreciate the way the lights kept flashing on and off.

Y/N, too, was having a hard time writing in the journal Dumbledore left him, trying to find meaning in it and the quill, yet they seemed to hold no value for now. 

'Will you stop it!' Hermione cried, as all light was sucked from the drawing room yet again.

'Sorry, sorry!' said Ron, clicking the Deluminator and restoring the lights. 'I don't know I'm doing it!'

'Well, can't you find something useful to occupy yourself?'

'What, like reading kids' stories?'

'Dumbledore left me this book, Ron-'

'- and he left me the Deluminator, maybe I'm supposed to use it!'

Unable to stand the bickering, Harry stood from the sofa and shared a let's-get-out-of-here look with Y/N, who did not hesitate to snap his journal shut and slip out of the room with Harry, unnoticed by the bickering couple.

They headed upstairs to the room Y/N and Harry had occupied during their stay at Grimmauld Place two years ago. Y/N threw the journal and quill haphazardly on the bedside table and let himself fall back on the bed with a heaving sigh, arms and legs spread out in a star shape.

With a similar sigh, Harry fell on top of Y/N, knocking the breath out of him. 

'Idiot,' muttered Y/N, pushing a laughing Harry's head to the side. 

'You love me,' teased Harry, grinning. 

'Mm, sure...' replied Y/N, rolling his eyes. 

Harry gave him an innocent, puppy-eyed look, his green eyes reflecting Y/N's E/C ones, until the latter gave in and laced his hands in Harry's hair. Harry let his head rest on Y/N's chest, and they lay there in silence for a long while. 

'Y/N?'

'Mhm?'

'What'd you think's happening out there?' Harry asked.