YR 6 ☆•°~'* 16

"And if you have a minute, why don't we go 
Talk about it somewhere only we know?"

❈🌠➵9¾♌ ⚯ 🗲━━━━━★. *・。゚✧⁺

Harry hurried out of Snape's office, racing up the stone steps, straining his ears to hear a sound from the pitch, but all was quiet... it was over, then...

He hesitated outside the crowded Great Hall, then ran up the marble staircase; whether Gryffindor had won or lost, the team usually celebrated or commiserated in their own common room.

'Quid agis?' he said tentatively to the Fat Lady, wondering what he would find inside.

Her expression was unreadable as she replied, 'You'll see.'

And she swung forwards.

A roar of celebration erupted from the hole behind her. Harry gaped as people began to scream at the sight of him; several hands pulled him into the room. 

'We won!' yelled Ron, bounding into sight and brandishing the silver Cup at Harry. 'We won! Four hundred and fifty to a hundred and forty! We won!'

'Harry!'

Harry's heart leapt at the voice and he looked around. Y/N was running towards him, still clutching the Snitch in his hand and beaming from ear to ear.

He threw his arms around Harry's neck and Harry caught him around the waist, spinning him slightly on the spot.

And without thinking, without even worrying about the fact that about fifty people were watching, Y/N crashed his lips onto Harry's.

Fireworks set off in Harry's stomach, his whole being cheering loudly as Y/N kissed him for the first time since that wondrous night in the common room. And Harry kissed him back, pouring out all his emotions as he did.

After several long moments - or it might have been several sunlit days - they broke apart. 

The room had gone very quiet.

Then several people wolf-whistled and there was an outbreak of nervous giggling. 

Harry looked over the top of Y/N's head to see Ginny smirking and Luna, standing beside her, smiling widely. Hermione was beaming and Ron looked slightly stunned. 

Romilda Vane, on the other side of the room, looked enraged and as though she might throw something. 

Harry looked back at Y/N, pressed a kiss to his forehead and wordlessly, mutually, they left the room through the portrait hole. 

They walked down the marble staircase, past the still-crowded Great Hall, and out onto the sun-kissed grounds. The sky was clear but for a few interestingly-shaped clouds. There weren't many people outside, except for a few who decided to have their lunch under the shade of a tree or study by the lake. 

Without realising it, Harry and Y/N found their feet carrying them to their usual haunt by the lake, unaware of where they were going and only having eyes for each other. 

'... Adrien launched a Bludger at me because he thought I'd seen the Snitch, but I was feinting,' said Y/N, recounting the match. 'And then I turned right around and caught the Snitch by the Gryffindor goalposts.'

'You are amazing,' said Harry, smiling widely. 

Y/N grinned up at Harry and took his hand, entwining their fingers as they reached the bank. Harry swung their linked hands gently back and forth, looking out at the surface of the Black Lake. 

'We always seem to find our way back here, don't we?' said Y/N, admiring the sparkling body of water. 

'We sure do,' said Harry.