YR 5 ☆•°~'* 11

❈🌠➵9¾♌ ⚯ 🗲━━━━━★. *・。゚✧⁺

'Y/N,' said Harry, rushing over to where she was sitting. 'My scar hurt again just now in the changing rooms.'

It was late in the evening in the common room. Harry and Ron had just returned from a rather useless Quidditch practice, dripping with water and mud. 

Umbridge had finally given the Gryffindor team permission to reform, and Angelina hadn't wasted time to get them on the pitch again despite the horrendous weather.

'What?' said Y/N, eyes wide. She sat upright and faced Harry, who had just sat next to her. 'Did you- did you see anything?'

Harry rubbed his scar for a moment, thinking hard. 'No... it's more like I felt his emotions... His mood, or something. He was - he was angry.'

Y/N glanced at Ron, who had the same worried look on his face. She turned back to Harry.

'I think he wants something done and it's not happening fast enough,' Harry muttered without thinking.

'Harry, I think you should tell Dumble-'

'No,' Harry snapped, and Y/N's sapphire burned hot for a split second. 'I'm not going to Dumbledore, so will you stop suggesting it-'

'Dumbledore would want to know-'

'Yeah, my scar's the only bit of me Dumbledore cares about, isn't it?' snarled Harry, turning away from Y/N. 

There was a short moment's silence where Ron shot anxious glances between Harry and Y/N. 

'Er... I think I'm going up to bed,' said Ron finally. 'Night...'

And he left. Harry sighed deeply and pulled his bag towards him, taking out his Potions book to finish the essay Snape had set him the previous day.

'Harry-' Y/N began.

'What?' said Harry, rather more aggressively than he'd meant.

Y/N furrowed her eyebrows. She snatched Harry's Potions book from his hand so that he was forced to look at her.

'When will you stop jumping down my throat every two seconds?' said Y/N. 'It's not my fault your scar hurts - and Dumbledore would want to know because it means Voldemort is up to something and that's crucial information for the Order.'

Harry didn't say anything. He was staring at the cover of his Potions book, apparently finding it very interesting. 

'Are you listening to me-?'

'I'm sorry, all right?' said Harry, meeting Y/N's gaze. 'I don't mean to snap at you - I just - I just feel so angry and on edge all the time... You try living with Voldemort possessing you-'

'Don't say that,' said Y/N sternly. 'You're not being possessed.'

'Sure feels like it, though,' said Harry glumly. 'Can I have my book back?'

Y/N's gaze softened and she handed the Potions book back. Harry thanked her and got to work.

After a while of doing nothing but watching Harry read the same page on his book, Y/N got to her feet and picked up her bag.

'I'm going to sleep,' she said, crossing the room to the girls' staircase. 'Goodni-'

'Wait, Nix,' said Harry urgently.

'What?'

'Er- I need help with something in my essay,' said Harry. 

Y/N raised an eyebrow, unconvinced, and went back to where they were sitting, dropping her bag at the foot of the table.