YR 5 ☆•°~'* 07

❈🌠➵9¾♌ ⚯ 🗲━━━━━★. *・。゚✧⁺

There was a lot of commotion in the house on September the first. Y/N and Harry were woken up by Mrs Black's painting screaming at the top of her lungs as usual.

Y/N sat up groggily and Harry stretched beside her on the bed, still lying down, his eyes closed. Y/N checked her watch and gasped.

'Harry, wake up!' she shouted, shaking Harry roughly. 'It's already ten o'clock!'

'I'm awake, Nix, I'm awake...' Harry muttered, yawning widely. 

After kicking Harry out of the room (nicely) to get ready, Y/N dragged her trunk, Artemis' cage and her cat's travel bag downstairs and left them in the hallway. She went to the kitchen to eat a hurried breakfast which consisted of blueberry muffins and a glass of juice. 

When she went back out to the hallway to put on her shoes, something came hurtling down the stairs in front of her. Y/N did a double-take and realised that it was Ginny, who had been knocked down by Fred and George's flying trunks.

Thinking quickly, Y/N turned into a boy and caught Ginny right before she could hit the bottom of the stairs. They both ducked when the twins' trunks came zooming down after Ginny.

'WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU!' Mrs Weasley's screaming voice carried down from the second landing. 'COULD HAVE DONE HER A SERIOUS INJURY, YOU IDIOTS-'

'-FILTHY HALF-BREEDS, BESMIRCHING THE HOUSE OF MY FATHERS-'

Harry came running down the stairs while trying to put on his jacket upside down. Hermione was right behind him, carrying a squirming Crookshanks in her arms.

'How're we getting there?' Y/N asked Remus, who had come out to the hallway to see what was going on.

'Walking,' said Remus. 'It's not that far - but Alastor's saying he's not leaving til Sturgis gets here or the guard will be one down.'

'Guard?' Harry questioned. 'We have to go to King's Cross with a guard?'

'For you and Y/N,' said Remus idly, checking his watch. 

'I don't think Voldemort's going to jump out from behind a dustbin to try and do us in,' said Harry.

When everyone had finally got down to the hall and left their trunks in a corner, Mrs Weasley bustled over to Harry and Y/N.

'You two will go with Remus and Tonks,' she told them. 'Leave your stuff here, Alastor's going to deal with the luggage... oh, for heaven's sake, Sirius, Dumbledore said no!'

A bear-like black dog had appeared at Harry's side, wagging his tail happily.

'Oh honestly...' said Mrs Weasley despairingly. 

Remus checked his watch and turned to Harry and Y/N. 'We ought to go, come on.'

They stepped out of the gloomy house into the weak September sunlight, with Snuffles at their side. Y/N had brought out his cat, Jasper, on a lead. He kept crying in his bag and didn't want to be left alone.

'Where's Tonks?' Harry said, looking around as they walked down the street.

'She's waiting for us up there,' said Remus. 'Pads, stop attracting so much attention to yourself.'

The black dog was gambolling around, snapping his jaw at pigeons and jumping around Jasper. Harry couldn't help but laugh at the sight, and Y/N chuckled when Jasper swiped his paw at Sirius.

An old woman greeted them round the corner. She had tightly curled grey hair and wore a peculiar purple hat.

'Wotcher, lovebirds,' she said, winking at Harry and Y/N.