YR 5 ☆•°~'* 18

❈🌠➵9¾♌ ⚯ 🗲━━━━━★. *・。゚✧⁺

Luna told them that she didn't know when Harry's and Y/N's interview would appear in the Daily Prophet and that it might take a while since her father has been waiting on a report on Crumple-Horned Snorcacks, and since that's more important than telling people Voldemort and his followers are back, their story would have to wait for the next issue.

They returned to the Gryffindor common room after dinner that day and slumped into chairs by the fireplace. Fred and George strolled over to the quartet. 

'Hey, you lot,' said Fred, pushing Ron on the couch to sit down. 'So, Y/N, think you're ready for the match against Hufflepuff next Saturday?'

'I suppose,' said Y/N, shrugging. He was consulting a star chart for their Astronomy homework. 'I don't really know how Hufflepuff plays... I'd probably be up for a challenge if Cedric was Seeker...'

He trailed off, staring at the dog constellation on the chart without really looking at it. The group around the fireplace exchanged glances, not knowing what to say. The subject of Cedric Diggory was still quite sensitive to Y/N.

'Who's their new Seeker?' Y/N asked after a short silence. 

'Some bloke called Summerby,' George replied, sitting on the arm of Y/N's chair. 'And from how I've seen you play, you're leagues above him, so there's no need to worry.'

Y/N grinned at him and said, 'Thanks, Forge.'

Fred got up and moved restlessly to the window, staring out across the dark grounds.

'You know, Quidditch was about the only thing in this place worth staying for.'

Hermione cast him a stern look.

'You've got exams coming!'

'We're not fussed about N.E.W.T.,' said Fred. 'The Snackboxes are ready to roll, we found out how to get rid of those boils, just a couple drops of Murtlap essence sorts them, Lee put us onto it.'

George yawned widely and looked out disconsolately at the cloudy night sky.

'I dunno if I even want to watch this match. If Zacharias Smith beats us I might have to kill myself.'

'Kill him, more like,' said Fred firmly.

'No one is getting killed,' said Y/N, rolling up the star chart. 'We'll beat Smith no problem, right, Ron?'

Ron didn't answer. He was staring at his star chart, his face a light shade of green.

❈🌠➵9¾♌ ⚯ 🗲━━━━━★. *・。゚✧⁺

On Saturday, Y/N went down to the Great Hall for breakfast. Her stomach was squirming uncomfortably at the prospect of the Quidditch match in an hour. Ron was already seated and staring glumly at his untouched plate of eggs and bacon.

'Here,' said Harry, pouring cereal and milk into a bowl and pushing it towards Y/N. 

'Thanks, Hazza,' she said, grabbing a spoon and forcing herself to eat. 

'You'll do great,' said Harry encouragingly. 

'I hope so,' mumbled Y/N, finishing her bowl of cereal quickly. 'I feel like I haven't practised enough...'

'I've seen you play, you're amazing,' said Harry. 'As good as me, or better-'

'OK, you're pushing it,' said Y/N, frowning at Harry. 'You've been playing since first year and I've only gone to - what - maybe six practice sessions?'