YR 3 ☆•°~'* 04

AN - Early chapter today! I'll post one tomorrow too! I hope you like it :)

❈🌠➵9¾♌ ⚯ 🗲━━━━━★. *・。゚✧⁺

Malfoy didn't show up to classes until Potions on Thursday morning. He walked in late, his arm heavily bandaged, as though Madam Pomfrey hadn't completely mended it.

He sat down at the same table as Harry and Ron, setting up his cauldron and ingredients for a Shrinking Solution on the table.

'Sir,' called Malfoy. 'I'll need help cutting up my ingredients, sir.'

'Weasley, Potter, prepare Malfoy's ingredients,' said Snape, without looking up.

'There's nothing wrong with your arm Malfoy,' hissed Y/N behind them. 'Really laying it on thick, aren't you? Love playing the victim?'

'Don't you dare speak to me, you filthy mudblood!' he spat.

'Malfoy, if you don't shut up-' Harry began, gritting his teeth. 

'That's your only insult, is it, Malfoy?' Y/N replied, cutting across Harry. 'No creativity?'

'Shut your filthy mouth!' growled Malfoy, snapping his head around and glaring at Y/N.

'What's going on here?' said Snape's silky voice, gliding toward Malfoy's table and looking between him and Y/N.

'Malfoy called me a mudblood, sir,' said Y/N.

Snape stared at her with an inscrutable expression on his face, an eyebrow raised. He watched them for a few seconds then walked away without saying a word. Malfoy smirked at Y/N evilly before turning back to Harry and Ron and resuming his taunting.

'Git,' Y/N rolled her eyes, cutting up her last ingredient and tossing it into the cauldron. Y/N was very proficient in Potions, so she wasn't worried about messing anything up.

As she was preparing her potion, she heard Malfoy taunting Ron and Harry about Hagrid.

'I'm afraid he won't be a teacher much longer,' he said in a tone of mock sorrow. 'Father's not very happy about my injury.'

'Little shit,' Y/N cursed under her breath, earning a reproving look from Hermione. They were sitting next to Neville, who looked to be struggling with his shrinking solution, which was slowly turning into a shade of-

'Orange,' said Professor Snape, who was walking among them, checking their potions. 'Tell me, Longbottom, does anything penetrate that thick skull of yours? What do I have to do to make you understand?'

Neville was trembling and he mumbled something indistinctly. Y/N clenched her fist and glared at Snape angrily. How he dares to speak to students that way...

'Please, Professor,' implored Hermione. 'I can help him put it right-'

'I don't remember asking you to show off, Miss Granger,' said Snape coldly.

Without warning, Snape's robes went up in flames at the bottom. Hermione gasped and looked instinctively at Y/N, who looked enraged, the red strands in her hair looking brighter than usual.

Snape put out the flames quickly with a wave of his wand and he looked around at the class, a furious look on his face. Y/N quickly looked down at her book, pretending to read the instructions.

'Whoever did that will answer to me,' he snapped. 'Longbottom, I will be testing your solution on your toad at the end of this class and see what happens...' he added vehemently and stalked off.

Y/N was seething. She watched Hermione frantically whisper instructions to Neville under her breath. She looked back at her own potion, which was now a shade of acid green.