YR 3 ☆•°~'* 03

AN - A bit of a short chapter, but I hope y'all still like it!

❈🌠➵9¾♌ ⚯ 🗲━━━━━★. *・。゚✧⁺

The first day of their third year made something abundantly clear to Y/N: her least-liked subject.

The first class of Divination ended on a very grim note. Professor Trelawney had predicted Harry's death after reading his teacup leaves and announcing that it looked like the Grim, an omen of death. Y/N and Hermione thought it was a load of rubbish, but Ron seemed to think otherwise.

'Have you seen a great black dog lately, Harry?' he asked him at lunch the same day.

'Yeah, I have,' said Harry. 'The first night I left the Dursley's'

Ron looked terrified.

'Probably a stray,' Y/N shrugged. 'Did you hear her when she was reading my tea leaves? 'My dear, you have a tumultuous path ahead of you! Beware a black-haired man, he may turn your life upside-down...'' Y/N mimicked Trelawney. 'I think she has it in for you, Harry,' she added with a laugh.

'Yeah, but what if she's right about the Grim?' said Harry weakly. 'I don't really fancy dying.'

'Harry, you've survived Voldemort-' Ron made a wincing sound. '- oh get a grip, Ronald - twice in a row, I think you're practically immortal at this point,' said Y/N, but Harry didn't look convinced.

'Even McGonagall said you shouldn't mind it, Harry,' said Y/N bracingly. 'Trelawney predicts someone's death every year, it's just something she does. And what if it's not a Grim? Maybe you'll be getting a black dog as a pet or something,' she grinned.

'Divination seems like a very woolly subject to me,' said Hermione, pulling out her Arithmancy book, and propping it against a jug of pumpkin juice to read it.

'There was nothing woolly about that Grim!' Said Ron angrily. 'You're just mad you're not good at a subject for once, Professor Trelawney said you didn't have the right aura-'

'If being good at Divination means I have to predict someone's death by interpreting a lump of tea leaves, I won't be studying it much longer!' snapped Hermione, slamming her book shut. 'My Arithmancy class was much more interesting compared to that Divination rubbish!'

She grabbed her bag and stormed out of the Hall.

'What's she talking about? She hasn't had Arithmancy yet!' said Ron, bewildered.

Y/N watched Hermione leave the Hall, thinking that her best friend was either losing her mind, or there was something she was not telling them.

❈🌠➵9¾♌ ⚯ 🗲━━━━━★. *・。゚✧⁺

Their next lesson was Care of Magical Creatures. Y/N was looking forward to studying magical beasts after reading about them in Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them by Newt Scamander, a book she acquired the previous year for background reading.

They walked down the grounds to Hagrid's hut in awkward silence. Ron and Hermione refused to speak to each other. Y/N approached Hermione, who was walking a certain distance away from Harry and Ron.

'When did you go to Arithmancy class?' She asked her in a low voice.

'Never you mind,' Hermione snapped.

Y/N raised her eyebrows. 'There's no need to take that tone with me. I think Divination is stupid too if you haven't noticed.'

'I'm sorry,' apologised Hermione. 'Ron's just being really rude- first his stupid rat and now Divination...'