YR 5 ☆•°~'* 16

❈🌠➵9¾♌ ⚯ 🗲━━━━━★. *・。゚✧⁺

'It's good to have you back in our dorm,' said Hermione brightly, changing into her bedclothes.

They were in the girls' dormitory, getting ready for bed after a succulent start-of-term feast. Lavender and Parvati had not come up from the common room yet, which left Y/N and Hermione free to discuss whatever they pleased.

'Yeah, it's a nice change from Ron's snoring and Harry's waking up every three hours in the middle of the night,' said Y/N, chuckling. 'Don't tell him I said that - I don't really mind it...'

'You wouldn't mind anything from Harry,' said Hermione, smirking. Y/N threw her a glare and went back to unpacking her trunk. 'Speaking of... what's going on between you two?'

Y/N thought for a moment then shrugged. She shoved some trousers into the drawers of her dresser.

There was certainly something between Harry and Y/N, and yet, at the same time, nothing at all. They weren't dating, strictly speaking, but they weren't just friends either. It was all very confusing.

And on top of that, the very awkward and off-putting dilemma with Cho before Christmas... It certainly made Y/N feel unsure about some things.

'Has he not asked you out yet?' asked Hermione, while Y/N shut the lid of her trunk after organising all her belongings.

'No,' said Y/N slowly. 'Well, I don't know if he will... I've got something to tell you, actually.'

It was becoming hard to resist talking about, she had to tell someone, and who better than her best friend?

'Go on...' said Hermione, sitting on her bed.

Y/N shrugged off her cloak and did the same, sitting cross-legged on her warm bed, facing Hermione.

'Remember the last DA meeting before the holidays?' Y/N began.

Hermione nodded.

'Well... Er... after you and Ron left...' Y/N paused, gathering her thoughts. 'I left the room after you, leaving Harry, Cho, and that Marietta Edgecombe alone in the room.'

Hermione's eyebrows came close together and she nodded, urging Y/N to continue.

'I- I went back to the room because I had a feeling something was off,' Y/N explained. 'And... well... I found him and Cho-'

She broke off, finding it very hard to express it out loud because it still hurt and made Y/N feel extremely nauseous every time she even thought about it.

'- under the mistletoe,' she finished.

Hermione's face was blank for a second, then she shrieked, 'WHAT?'

'Quiet, Hermione!' hissed Y/N, alarmed and looking behind her shoulder. Thankfully, the door to the dormitory was closed.

When she looked back, Hermione had her hands over her mouth, her eyes wide.

'They didn't,' she uttered finally. 'Harry- did he-'

'I think they did,' said Y/N glumly, feeling her insides go hollow.

'Oh, Y/N...'

'He said it was Cho who started it,' said Y/N, staring down at the foot of Hermione's bed. 'Apparently, she was crying about Cedric or something... then the next moment-' Y/N sighed deeply. 'Anyway, he said he didn't like her and he didn't want it, but I don't know...'

Hermione still looked absolutely appalled at this revelation. She was looking at Y/N, sympathy glistening in her dark brown eyes.

'That's really messed up,' she whispered.