Chapter 39: ~Preparing for War~

Italic and underline means that you're talking in your mind

Italic and Bold means sound effects

A/n: sorry for the very late update, I've been pretty busy these last few days and I just recently sprained my ankle (;'༎ຶٹ༎ຶ') and have been busy trying to get it to heal

I've been saying that I'll try to update often, which now probably means either once or twice a week.

Just wait for notifications if you're patient ✌🏻 (unlike me)

Thank you for readinggggg
___________________________________

"Hey Marco, long time no see, huh?"

"(Y/n)?!"

Marco yelled through the snail in shock. Some crew mates in the background heard the call going on and decided to listen in.

Whitebeard was also listening into the conversation. Thatch was already right next to Marco once he shouted your name.

"(Y/n), you calling must mean that something happened. What's wrong?"

(A/n: I believe the news of Ace getting caught was delivered to them already so they're getting ready to fight back and get Ace back)

"I know about Ace. I want to help."

Marco paused and looked at Whitebeard.

Whitebeard thought for a moment, but shook his head.

"(Y/n), it's ok, we got this. You don't need to come."

An irk mark grew in your forehead.

Don't need help my ass!

"My close friend, and captain of the Straw Hats is the brother of Ace. He's going to save him no matter what, and I'll help him. Ace is a close friend of mine too. And plus, you're going to need as much help as you could get. A huge war will break out. I bet that they're going to execute him at Marineford."

Silence was heard in the other side, then a sigh.

"Gurarararara! I guess it's not possible to stop you anymore is it?"

"Nope. But... I'll see you at Marineford in a week."

—————

You ended the call. There was running and shouts all around, most likely coming from pirates.

"Run! They called a damn Admiral!"

This peaked your interest. Maybe defeating one would catch too much attention. But... you kind of want to test to see how strong the admirals really are.

You smirked, and started searching for the Straw Hats with Haki.

However, you noticed that they were nowhere on the island. Your haki was particularly very strong. You could probably sense every life force on the island. But, you haven't seen at least one life force belonging to the straw hat crew.