Judgy (tw)

Tw: Homophobia, homophobic slur

"Oh Hello Mr Spielberg." Nikolaj hands you the phone.

Y: Dad?

D: Honey, what happened this morning?

Y: I was on the way to set and I hadn't been hungry but then I suddenly was so we stopped so I could get breakfast but then I was spotted then the Paparazzi were there.

D: Do you need me?

Y: No, Nikolaj, who you just spoke too, got me a day off so I'm just gonna go to the hotel and relax.

D: Ok darling, I'll see you later.

Nikolaj escorted you to your hotel, even though you had Alex. Once you were safely in your room, he left.

You took a nice long hot bath before collapsing out of exhaustion. You don't know how long you slept but what you were woken up by was loud knocking ok your door.

In walked Nikolaj and sat on your bed.

"You didn't get any of my messages!"

"I was asleep you idiot." You groan.

"Well look at this." And he shoved his phone into my face.

On the screen was a news article.

Is famous actress and director Olivia Spielberg in a relationship?

She was spotted outside a local shop, hand in hand with who we belive to be her girlfriend.

Later on in the day, she was spotted walking into a hotel, with the same woman, holding hands, also with her co-star, Nikolaj Coster Waldau.

We have also found photos, maybe confirming Olivia's sexuality.

Attached were photos of me from when I was about 17, kissing my first girlfriend.

It was true, I was lesbian but I  hadn't come out to anyone. My family were the only ones who knew.

And the only people who had access to the photos were me. They had been taken on my old digital camera.

You continued to scroll and found the comments.

'Uh that's disgusting'

'Who can do that?'

'Our kids shouldn't be shown this disgusting behaviour'

'Her and her family are a disgrace.'

'She should never be allowed to act again that f@g!'

I wanted to cry. But I was so dehydrated after yesterday, there was literally nothing left to cry.

I picked up my own phone, ignoring the hundreds of messages I had. I went to Instagram.

On my most recent post, a photo of me at the BAFTAS, there was a flurry of new comments.

But these were good, not homophobic.

Having been acting for years, I was lucky that I had a younger fan base as well as a slightly older one. Many of them were supportive, no matter what I chose. That calmed me down massively.

"Are you coming to set today?" Nikolaj asks.

"Let me get ready, I'll be out soon." I offer a small smile.

Once I was at work, I saw Gwendoline approaching. I was confused and annoyed.

"Is it true? Are you gay?" She asks bluntly, but without making eye contact.

"Why do you care?" I snapped

"No reason, I was just asking." She sighs, still not looking. She turned away but I for some reason reached out and grabbed her arm.

"Why?" I ask more softly.

"Oh um it's cause I'm um yeah, I'm just exploring my sexuality and I  uh no one else here is so I kinda just wanted someone to confide in." She stutters.

"I'm not sure why me but sure." I shrug.

She sits next to you.

"How did you know?" She blurts out.

"What do you mean?"

"How did you know you liked women?"

I thought to myself for a minute. That story was really embarrassing.

"I used to fake having crushes on boys in front of my friends, I had no attraction to anyone, celebrities, classmates, no one." I laugh and so does she.

"Do I have to label myself?" She asks shyly.

"Of course not! There's lots of them. Some basic ones are, gay, men liking only men, lesbian, which I am is women liking only women. Bisexual is someone liking both men and women. Pansexual is liking everyone no matter their gender. But you don't have too, not everything needs to be labeled. Like I have a few friends who date lots of different genders but don't call themselves anything, whatever you want. I chose to label myself as a lesbian and it's your choice too." I assure, even smiling at her.

"Ok thank you." She mumbles.

"Here's my number, call or text if you need." I hand her a small bit of paper before walking off.

Why the hell did I just give her my number!? I hate her! Or do I?

She's nice actually. She's very shy. And also quite cute. Cute?

Am I falling for her? No. But am I?

800 words

Shorter one but we have some cute bonding :)