Locked down

Christmas was nice just us two, it was quiet and homey. It was snowing in New York aswell, just making it more magical.

Gwen insisted on keeping the presents I got her while I wanted to buy her something else.

She continued to wear the ring, it made my heart flutter a little, knowing she did want this with me.

She helped me when I was dealing with my angry family about me not returning home. We cuddled in bed and watched movies, it felt like a dream.

We made it into Times Square for New Year's, not our first one together. We always celebrated in London so it was nice to be somewhere different. But being famous never stopped.

Atleast 10 people wanted photos but we agreed, it wasn't a burden for us.

And for the fifth year, I got my new years kiss. But it felt different, a good different, like the universe knows something I don't.

But then, it was time to part once again.

"Why do you have to go!?" Gwen groaned.

"To work angel, but you're working in London anyway. I will see you in March and then I'm taking a four month sabbatical, well that's what I told my manager, and then I have to fly back out to LA. But you're coming with me aren't you?"

"I am? Oh! Loverfest!" She laughs.

"Yeah, remember we also have the London show aswell."

"Yeah yeah I know, I don't really care. And please be careful, there's this coronavirus thing spreading and I don't want you to be ill."

"It's not going to spreading all over here, they'll manage to contain it probably, especially in this day and age. But I'm going to miss my flight if I don't leave now." Leaning up, I guve her a quick peck on the lips before scurrying off.

Angel🩷💋: That's not a goodbye kiss!

Me: If I kissed you any longer you wouldn't let me go!

Me: I love you angel and I'll see you soon💖

Angel🩷💋: I love you too 💖

2 and a half months later. . .

"The country is going into lockdown for two weeks because of this virus, no one can enter or leave." Alex said.

"Ugh, I have to tell Gwen." I sigh.

Picking up my phone, I click the call button.

G: Darling, are you ok?

O: Yeah Gwen, you probably know about lockdown so I'm not going to be able to visit.

G: I heard and I miss you so much, but its only two weeks, and then you can finally come see me!

O: I know I know, if I booked my flight a week earlier, I could've been locked in the house with you!

G: Yeah, that would've been amazing but it's life. You better promise to get on the first flight when the borders open.

O: I promise Gwen, now I'm gonna go, I love you angel

G: I love you too darling, goodbye

O: Bye!

Now I was stuck in LA, with no one but Alex to keep me company for two weeks. Atleast I got a break from having to travel.

I missed my girlfriend though, it had been almost 3 months since I'd seen her and I missed her.

Scrolling through the news, it seemsd like lots of people were freaking out over this. Maybe it was more serious, and maybe, we'd be locked down for months.

2 weeks later. . .

Yep, I knew it. The borders hadn't reopened and it was getting more serious, cases were rising and so were the deaths, and fast.

I had nothing to worry about as I was in perfect health, but it was still scary. I hoped every day that Gwendoline would be ok and wouldn't get ill, wanting the best for my girlfriend.

But she was scaring me, she stopped calling me and only texted me. And the times were weird aswell.

Like if I would text her good morning, she would respond mid afternoon and even if I replied immediately, I wouldn't get a response until late at night.

There were cameras on the outside of the house, but I trusted Gwen, she would be doing anything, right?

Slowly, when her replies started taking days and they were brief and she declined all my calls, I began to panic. Was she with someone? No! She would never cheat on me! She promised that she was going to have a life with me.

But what if she didn't want that. What if she had fallen for someone else? But who? She wouldn't have seen anyone right?

"Alex what do I do?" I was pacing up and down my room pulling my hair out.

"Calm down, she's probably just busy."

"Doing what? We are all stuck at home, with nothing to do and it shouldn't be taking her days to respond!"

"You could check the cameras, see if there's another car there?"

"But that's breaching her privacy, I'm supposed to trust her."

"But when she does stuff to worry you, you are allowed to check, it's your house, she never signed the deed you gave her."

"Fine."

I pulled up the cameras on my phone and saw another car. Giles' car.

875 words

Gwenny! What the hell are you doing?