Closer

After I'd given Gwendoline my number, I continued with my day. I didn't see her for a while, and for some reason I was quite saddened by that.

Once I went back to my hotel for the night, I sat on the bed, eagerly awaiting a text or call. I don't know why, I didn't like this woman.

After I decided to go to bed, my phone buzzed.

I picked it up eagerly.

?: Hey it's Gwendoline!

Y: Hey, do you need anything?

G: Yeah, maybe wanna go get coffee tomorrow?

Y: Sure!

G: Where are you staying and I'll pick you up at 11

I sent her the address and then screamed into my pillow. Why was I so stupid! Why did I agree? Why did she even ask me?

I barely slept all night, I was so confused about what happened.

I stumbled out of bed and decided to shower as my hair was greasy. I massaged shampoo into my roots gently, using it to calm my nerves.

After washing it out, I ran dome conditioner through the ends.

My hair was now clean but since I showered, I had to dry it. I pulled out my hairdryer and started the dreary task of drying my hair.

Once it was done, I curled it loosely and walked over to my suitcase. Due to my massive amount of laziness, I still hadn't unpacked.

As I was searching, there was a knock at the door.
I hurried over, still wrapped up in a robe. Thinking it was Alex, I opened it slowly. But then my dad was there instead.

"Dad?"

"Hey sweetheart, how are you?" He asks, stepping into the room, leaving you confused.

"Trying to get dressed? What are you doing here?" I sigh

"We have that movie pitch today? You weren't in the lobby?"

"Shit. Fuck I forgot." I mutter. "Move it, have plans." I say, rushing over to your suitcase.

"No, we rescheduled 3 times due to Game of Thrones. We have to do it."

"Fuck that. I have plans, you go by yourself." I stormed into the bathroom to get changed.

I walked out dressed to find him still there.

"I'm going out now, go away." I say, looking in the mirror.

I was wearing jeans with a white shirt and my favourite baseball jacket. The top wasn't the best decision for coffee but it was too late now. I grabbed my sunglasses and urged my dad out of the room.

"Olivia! You have to cancel your outing! This is important!" He shouts down the corridor.

"Just go away, I told you move it or go by yourself! This is my day off. I'm spending it how I want!" I yell back, not bothering to turn around.

I check the time as I approach the lobby, and it was 11 exactly.

As I enter, I see Gwendoline talking with Alex, who was probably waiting for us.

"Olivia final warning." My dad mutters as I approach them. I finally stop and look at him.

"I'm not 5, I have my own career, my own money, my own name. If you won't let me miss this one meeting, then I don't want to see you. And I will be incredibly sad if that happens but that's your decision. Bye dad." He walks off.

I turn back around to see Gwendoline staring at me.

"I- I can g-go if you want." She stutters, making me giggle.

"It's ok just a little disagreement, I promised you coffee, you're getting coffee." I smile and I can see a faint blush on her face.

I don't know where my liking for her came or my confidence but it felt nice.

Alex offered an arm like she always did although I refused. I instead offered my arm to Gwendoline which she nervously took.

We walked out of the lobby to the car and I stopped before getting in.

"Alex, take the day off, I'll call you if I need anything." I smiled.

"No your dad told me to stay with you all the time."

"That's when I alone. I have someone with me today." I smiled over at Gwendoline who immediately looked away when my eyes where on her.

"I'll be there straight away if you need." Alex sighs, knowing I won't give up.

She walks away, allowing me and Gwendoline to leave.

She gets into the car and I follow.

"Fancy brunch?" I suggest.

"Sounds nice." She smiles cutely.

God she was so pretty. But I hate her? But her smile, when she blushes just makes me go crazy. She makes me crazy.

As we pull up to the little cafe I picked, I thanked my driver and we went inside.

Me and Gwendoline sat at a little booth, hidden in the corner.

"So how do you like the film industry?" I asked awkwardly.

"It's fun but really tiring and much different to theater. And also you get a lot more hate." She sighs.

I couldn't bare seeing her sad so I place my hand over hers that were resting on the table.

"Listen to me, as someone who has been in the business practically since birth, you have to ignore the haters. And at least you don't have to deal with the nepotism stuff. When I started acting, it wasn't as bad but when I went into directing, it was awful at first. But as I directed more and more films and shows, it got better. And as much as I was mean to you last year, you are a good actress." I sigh, but smiling, rubbing my thumb over her knuckles.

"Thank you. I'm sorry for being mean to you last year, I was just really insecure." She sighed sadly, looking down at our hands.

"It gets better." I lifted her chin up to face me. "Promise."

She smiled and started fiddling with our entwined fingers. She was really cute.

We ordered quickly while talking more about acting.

Once we'd eaten, we decided to go for a walk.

"Want one?" I offered her a mint.

"Can I?" She asks shyly.

"Course you can, why are you so scared?"

We wander round, looking in shops and enjoying the sights before eventually deciding to go back to the hotel.

Once at my room, we say our goodbyes.

"Thank you Gwendoline, I've had a nice day." I smiled, leaning against the door to my room.

"Thank you, I did too." She pauses. "Can I hug you?" She asks timidly.

I giggled at her cuteness and pulled her into a tight hug.

"Until next time Gwendoline." I waved and walked into my room.

God that woman was magic.

1120 words

I don't know how to feel, I know they aren't enemies anymore but that's cause I can't wrote slow burns but I might make them enemies again