Aftermath

Olivia's pov

Why? Why didn't I kiss her back? I was head over heels in love with her.

She wouldn't let me into her room, so I left crying. I tried to hide my tears but I couldn't and Nikolaj and Catherine had both caught me.

"What happened? You and Gwendoline disappeared and now she's gone and your crying!" Nikolaj asks.

"She kissed me." I whispered, wiping away more tears

"Why is that bad?" Catherine was so confused.

"Because I was an idiot and didn't kiss her back and now she hates me. She ran off and won't talk to me and I feel awful because she's been so helpful and kind and I've just ruined my chance with her!" I sob.

"I will talk to her but let's get you a drink."Nikolaj smirks and takes me and Cathy to the bar.

We sit and drink, talking with some of my friends who were there. Nikolaj had been gone for a whike and I couldn't help but feel anxious.

I kept fiddling with the necklace she had gotten me, thinking back to the moment that wasn't too long ago.

Nikolaj reappears without Gwendoline.

"She's in bed, upset and she would barely talk. I won't repeat what she said as I think you two need to talk. But let her rest, talk to her tomorrow."

The party went on and I had lots of fun, missing my favourite person though. We had cake and I was sad Gwendoline wasn't there. We danced and I was sad she wasn't there. She was supposed to be there, and I'd messed it all up.

The next morning, I woke up around 11, earlier than I thought I would since i went to bed so late.

I went into the kitchen to get some coffee and saw Gwendoline, Catherine and Nikolaj.

"Wait when were you two staying over?" I pointed to Catherine and Nikolaj.

"The kids went home and me and Nikolaj agreed we needed to stay until you both sorted things out."

"Or do you just want to be nosey?" I sigh

"Yeah but you need us. So you two better get your act together!" Nikolaj laughs.

"I'll be in my room if you want me." Gwendoline smiles weakley and leaves.

I grab my coffee and a waffle before heading into Gwendoline's room.

I knocked and a meek 'come in' could be heard. I opened the door hesitantly and saw a small Gwendoline curled up on the bed. I walked over warily and dared to sit next to her, luckily she didn't push me away.

"Gwen. Can we talk?"

She nods.

"So about last night I just want to say-"

"Say that you don't like me? That you hate me? That you want me out the house? That you never want to be friends again?" She snaps.

"Gwenny, god no! I wanted to apologise, I really wanted to kiss you but I was in shock." I laugh quietly.

"You like me?" She gasps, looking deep into my eyes.

"Fuck it Gwen, god I do. And I have pretty much since Season 2. The way I hated you, I never really meant it. And when everything went downhill it was because I was so bloody jealous of Giles. You don't know how much I wanted to break every bone in his body! Gwendoline Tracey Phillipa Christie, I am head over heels for you." I declared making her blush.

"Can I kiss you?" She whispered.

"Of course." I smiled.

She placed her hand on my cheek and connected our lips. They moved in synch, perfectly fitting together like we are meant to be.

She pulled away smiling.

"Shall we go tell them?" She giggles cutely. I nod and pull her up off the bed, not without kissing her again.

We walked out her room, both giggling relentlessly. Hand in hand, we approached the other two in the kitchen.

I stood leaning against the island and Gwendoline stood behind me, leaning on me.

"Looks like you two made up." Nikolaj smirks and I hear Gwendoline sigh. I turn under Gwendoline and leaned up to peck her lips.

She blushed and I just laughed, turning back around to look at the other two.

"Yeah we did." I blushed as Nik ans Catherine both looked at us with a smirk on their face.

"Well good luck lovebirds, also doesn't mean we are leaving!" Nik laughs and I roll my eyes.

Gwendoline's arms land around my waist as I go to grab another coffee.

"Gwenny let me grab some coffee." I giggle.

She shakes her head and holds me tighter.

"God you are annoying." I sigh and that makes her let go. I quickly grab my coffee and walk back over, giving her a kiss.

"Get a room." Nik groans.

"You're married with kids shut up."

Gwendoline blushes and she now takes perch on the seats, pulling me between her legs, almost tipping my coffee over her.

"Gwenny!" I laugh as my coffee sloshes dangerously close to the rim.

She just smiles and kisses me.

I could get used to this.

845 words

Finally!