1.

"Boss, I think you need to see this..." the assistant enters Toto's office with a serious face.

He sighs. "Do I, really? I can imagine what and who it is about from your face alone..."

The assistant shows him the tablet without a word.

~Mercedes golden boy turning to rust each night~

"George..." Toto expressed sadly as he read how his driver went from party to party, getting wasted and causing trouble. "Is he here already?"

The assistant shook the head no. "He was supposed to be at the sim earlier this morning, but he failed to get back to Aleix and now they're all flying to the GP without him. That was the other news."

"Scheiße!" he exclaimed, exasperated. "Get me my car ready, I'm going to get him to the track now."
-
Toto got to George's floor and demanded to get inside.

He opened the door with a smile and well dressed. His place looked neat.

"What in the world is wrong with you? You had Sim training today and all the team has already flown to the track!"

George raised his hands and let him in. "I know, I'm sorry, in all honesty I fell asleep, had a rough night and forgot to set the alarm..."

His boss just looked at him.

"And as for the flight, same thing. Fell asleep and couldn't get there in time. I'm truly sorry, Toto, but hey!" George continued with a smile. "I'm great now so we can head off to your jet?"

"Not coming this weekend, have work to do at Brackley," the boss spoke. "Take a commercial flight, pay it yourself and be there asap, okay?"

George nodded seriously and put a hand on his heart. "On it, boss."

Toto agreed and let him be, texting his assistant to keep a closer look on his driver.

-

George arrived at the race track in one piece and started working. Said sorry to Aleix and the team, trained and went to the driver's press conference.

"There he is!" Said Charles as he moved on the sofa. "We were worried you were lost at that club, mate!"

George chuckled. "You wish, I'm still here to kick your arses this weekend again!"

Lando snorted from the other end. "At least try and make it seem like the rest of us have a chance!"

"Sorry pal," George shrugged. "It's the rules."

They all laughed as the press conference started and went to answer some questions. Someone asked for George and they fired the question.

"Are you at least a little bit worried that your latest behaviour outside the track will corrupt your performance and make you lose everything you worked for?"

George flashed a look to his PR, watching him frown and think of a faster answer. Luckily, his friends were there.

"I don't reckon his personal life should be of any concern to you," Lando said with a smirk.

"He's been drinking since his parents allowed him to do so and he's still winning, did you investigate each of those years too?" Charles piped in.

"Yeah, I'd be more concerned that the toupee you're wearing will affect your professional life too, bro!" Max finished him, making everyone laugh and ending the conference. No need to say the journalist tried to complain but was shut down due to the personal topic he addressed in his question.

By Friday, George was even better. The car was in optimal conditions and his physical shape was at the top. Of course, he dominated the first two sessions of practice with every tyre and also with a full tank. There was no doubt in the air that the weekend would be a perfect one.