18.

Next day you and George drove the two hour ride to Brackley, chatting away about the upcoming events. Once you got there, the driver was taken to the simulator to stay there the best part of the morning, trainer and engineers included. You've been offered an office to work on but otherwise you would be able to roam around the place as you liked. The only thing you did ask though, was to watch at least one lap on the sim. George said he would train all he could before you could go inside and watch.

After catching up with your team in Monaco, you went out to do some sightseeing around Mercedes HQ.

By lunchtime, he came out and suggested a salad at the cafeteria. You protested, saying you were craving a pub burger.

"Not now, I cannot lose my focus, I'm about to beat my own lap time in Monaco," he explained.

"What's your time so far?"

"12:7"

"Hey that's quite good, isn't it?" You said as you ate your dish.

"Well, it's not ideal. I am a Formula One World Champion, but Monaco has always been elusive to me, and it drives me mad, I need to polish that lap time..."

"And you will, George, your time there will come and it will be more than satisfactory..."

"Thank you," he smiled and finished his last bite. "I'll go train for another hour, then will call you in for my final lap, okay? Then we can go."

You raised your hand for him to high five. "Go smash that lap time! I'll be saving some content for social media..."

He winked, as charming as usual and jogged towards the sim again. You gave yourself a small slap on the lips to wipe out that stupid grin than came out every time he winked at you and finished your lunch.

You took the rest of that hour to save some clips of the car, the factory, the offices and even the simulator entrance, that would be most useful to to social media team. They asked for some George footage so after the sim, you'd film him at the exact spots you needed him to boost his work image.

When George called, you went directly to the simulator room.

"I think I got it, I can improve it still though..." he said.

You patted his shoulder and gave it a nice squeeze. "You've got this, G."

He smiled and started driving. He had such focus on his face that he might as well think he was all alone in there and not surrounded by the best part of his team.

His hands grabbed the steering wheel tightly as his thumbs moved around the controls to get the best lap time.

"12.1," his engineer stated.

George sighed. "I Can still do better! Can I stay two more hours?" After he got the approval he looked at you. "Do you mind if I stay? You take the car and go home, I'll ask for another one here..."

"No need to ask for free cars, G," you chuckled to lift his mood. "I'll go to the office they gave me and do some work in advance, don't worry."

"You sure?"

"Of course, you call me for final lap time, you're doing great."

He smiled. "Thanks," he mumbled and watched you go.

Two and a half hours later, George came out to let you in again in the sim room.

"Fuck, this was a long day! Coming to see the last lap? It might impress you..." he giggled.