25.

That same day, you went to sleep for about four hours and then woke up so George would take you to your flat. On the way home, you checked a few emails and gasped when you saw one. Glamour UK sent the copy of the issue coming out next month. You showed it to him and agreed to watch it better on your laptop upstairs, so you went to your flat and opened the email.

It all looked perfect. They had chosen the best photos he took, the quotes were the right ones, very true and on point to get the attention of people. They even created a section for his team, with George talking about what it means to him, what each vital person does and how they inspire him. The next page had a photo of George and his mechanics winning the championship with a quote, then a photo of you sitting next to him on the set and him listening to what you're saying intently. You didn't want to read too much into it, but both your eyes were locked with each other's and showed more than a professional look. The paragraph said 'The champion needs the best team around him: that includes his PR manager, also assistant, stylist and professional pep talk delivery. But most of all, an important friend.' Along with it, there was a quote of George:

"She is vital in the team, she keeps me on the ground and helps me more when I can't admit I need her help. I honestly think I can do this if I have her and my team pushing with me."

You turned to George. "Did you know they were going to add this?" You smiled at him. "If it is true what you said, then thank you for your words."

"They asked if I wanted to say something about you and then I did, of course it's true, would've said more but the PR you would've killed me," he chuckled.

You hugged him and thanked him again. "It's a pleasure to work with you, G, you gave me a hard time at first but I'm glad we got past it..."

"Me too, looking forward to what comes next," he said.

You let go of the embrace and groaned. "I know, I'll go to work right away and communicate you all the upcoming events and interviews, I even think we have a podcast invitation and Sky Sports wanted to film a few things for the champions special. And bloody hell, we have Netflix on the team next race! That's it, let's get to work!" You said and picked your stuff. "I'll have a shower and then go back to my office, will text you later if we need to sort some stuff for the week, okay?"

He giggled and looked at you run around your flat. "That's my working hurricane! See you later, I'll see myself out!" He waved and left, throwing a wink at you, before closing the door.

That's how the next month passed: working and racing. It was a three week period of one race after the other, flying to the States and coming back to Europe for another two. Meanwhile, all the projects were done during the week: three podcast invitations, one of them of all girls who weekly discussed the news on the formula one world. Then a Skype chat with the new Mercedes academy drivers coming from the F1 Academy and other categories, then a column for the F1 website and location filming with Sky Sports for a champions special. You had to fly to the UK with him, watch him give some words at Grove in Williams HQ and then back at Brackley, where he did two days of simulator work in a row. That's when you came back to Monaco and checked on his plants, since he developed a newfound taste for plants. That meant you had the key to his flat which he insisted on you having since he trusted no one else to take care of his jasmine flowers on the balcony.

George was also grumpy because he had Netflix in the US around him following and expecting any kind of declarations, which were all short words and always positive feedback. The order with them was not to show what the press used to say about him and just follow his professional career. They agreed but they still tried to take out some drama. When the weekend was over, he slept for over a day, trying his best to let go of the stress he was under.

His social media team was also with a lot of work, between posting content and replying to comments left by fans, since that was a change you asked for, so fans could know they could interact with the people working with the champion. It increased the amount of people leaving words of pride and support to George. He even started to give some comments a few likes and even reply to a few to thank them. That's how they just saw him with a new look and realised he's a kid living his dream. George was happier with it too, he wasn't so scared of social media in general after those changes.

The press went easier on him since he stayed out of the limelight and just worked, sometimes being spotted out with the boys or just having lunch, sailing or riding a bike around the streets.

During that month, you sometimes had dinner with Max and Kelly or Alex and Lily, sometimes both since George was a good friend of both drivers and Max lived very close to George's flat. The rest of the band would join one night or two but it was mainly you and George working a lot.

Truth was, that both of you were looking for a way to make that kiss happen again. Or maybe looking for ways not to be tempted to just kiss and do nothing else. The flirting and the excessive touching and hugging for the minimal thing was still there, but now add an occasional kiss on the cheek for when things went really well or even better after a race, with the kiss on the helmet. It was always off cameras, so the press never picked up on that. Your friends did, of course, but none made comments about it, just treated you like you were already one and not a driver and his manager.

Two weeks before Silverstone, Mercedes asked for a ton of press duty and more exposure advertising home race and how important it was. So clearly, it had been a crazy week. The next would be free and then it was a whole seven days pack at home with training and more appearances.

On one of those dinner meetings, which sometimes were to work an hour and then chat about nothing and other times were short of time, you went to George's. It was a Monday after a race and the start of a free weekend. He was out for a late training session with Aleix and he told you to just go to his flat and get everything ready while he finished.

You saw his car was already there so you assumed he would be in the shower and you came in. "George I'm here! Can you believe-" you started and stopped dead in your tracks.

"Hi! You must be his PR manager, he never shuts up about you! I'm Carmen."