5.

The next day, you woke up and checked every tag and social media platform for anything new on George, any sightings or outings and surprisingly, there was nothing. Except, of course, the occasional "opinologist" on twitter, trying to analyse and compare George's decisions regarding partying and alcohol with Kimi's or other drivers; or even using statistics to deduce what could happen to the rest of his career. As if they know something deep.

You sighed and refrained from answer and just let them keep talking. One of them apparently did it will all drivers that had the slightest slip up and once they recovered they would forget about it.

"Lame," you called and instead looked for George's number.

He picked up with the deepest drawl and by the sound of it, his face still stuck on the pillow. "Hello?"

"Hello George? Were you sleeping?"

"I was."

"Sorry to bother, thought we could start some work now. Maybe breakfast? Or lunch?"

He hummed and growled a bit. "What time is it?"

"It's 9 o'clock George, check on your phone, I've been working for the past hour already!" You sighed.

"Good for you. I've been sleeping for the past hour. It's cheat day for me."

"Not with me, so get up and meet me for an early lunch at 11:30, okay?"

He stayed silent for a bit and you heard the sheets move around him. "I will be there clean and styled like a movie star right on time if you hang up now and let me sleep and don't call anymore, deal?"

You sighed yet again and agreed. "If you're not on time, you'll regret asking me not to call, Russell. Now rest," you said and hung up before moving from the bed and starting on coffee and a toast then going for a quick walk on the treadmill as you called your employee for a morning check up.

George had been waiting for the past fifteen minutes in his car, watching the door of the cafe intensely, expecting your arrival. He was so sure you'd be late and that you would be certain he'd be late too. Well, he wasn't going to let that happen. He was waiting for the clock on his car to go 11:29 so he could cross the street and ask for a table for two right on time. He was all about to show you he wasn't an irresponsible prick and that you should treat him with more than a snide comment on every thing he does.

George kept scrolling on Instagram, checking the time every now and then. Of course, he missed two minutes watching a video and when he looked, it said 11:31. He rapidly blocked his phone, put on his sunglasses and left, crossing the street in a jog, focused on the door to see if you hadn't arrived yet. What he didn't see, was you coming from the right, with the same pace, also looking for him inside the cafe.

Of course, you crashed.

"Whoops!" George said and caught you before you fell backwards.

"Holy smokes, why were you running?" You said and took a glimpse of his watch. "Ohhhh you're late!" You smirked.

He shook his head. "I missed my mark for two minutes because I've been waiting for you in my car, see?" He pointed at his silver Mercedes across the street. "Why were you running though? Are you allowed to be late?"

"As a matter of fact no, I'm not, but I had a problem with my parking hence my running," you explained with a stiff smile. "Now let's go inside while I think if I believe your story or not." You chuckled and walked in.

George watched you walk in and thought of a way himself not to regret saving you from falling earlier.

"Okay, now i have a few projects in mind but first of all, I wanted to- what are you doing?" You interrupted yourself.

"What? I'm watching the menu..." George said.

You lifted the little book beside your plate. "No, this is the menu, that's the wine list."

"And...?"

"We're working, you cannot be thinking of a drink right now!" You whispered.

"But can't I just-" he tried.

"No, you're not just watching, George, you were about to order a bottle," you sighed. "Leave that to one of your dates."

"What if I'm watching it for a date I have later tonight?" He smirked.

"Then good for you, you can do that later though, now pay attention so we can work, yeah?"

"Yes m'lady." He nodded once.

"Not your lady," you stated and immediately continued with what you were saying, to avoid another comment from George. "As I said, I have a few projects, but I wanted to ask if you still wanted to go out clubbing and drinking with friends?"

He watched you intently with a smug smile. "Why? Want to go out so you can become my lady?"

"George!"

"Sorry, sorry," he laughed and raised his hands. "Just trying to tease you! Okay, yes, I like doing that, so?"

You stared at him and waited for his face to get serious again. Didn't want to reply to that and keep the banter going. "Well, I wanted to know that before we could work on a plan. Look, I don't  want you to stop doing what you enjoy nor I think you disappearing from the club scene is going to help. So, I reckon you should still go but I'm going to need your help on this, okay?"

"Hmm, with the drinking?" He rolled his eyes.

You watched him and just wondered if he was trying to be a victim on purpose or really felt that way. "Well yeah, but mainly with being aware of your surroundings. The majority of your problems were because someone was filming you and the press picked up on it. So, I know this sounds awful, but it's a sacrifice to make in the name of your profession."

George took a breath and just nodded, so you continued. "Drink a little less? Yes. How much? Enough to be aware and enjoy without hurting yourself or your image. How would you know? Well, you're a big boy and if you're allowed to drink and live on your own, then I'm sure you're mature enough to do it." You stated and crossed your hands on the table.

George just stared. "Finished the judging already?" He said.

"Just talking from what I saw so far..."

"Pretty sure that's called judging."

"Okay then, I'm sorry I've offended you. Playing the victim isn't going to help either, I need us to be a team. And if you don't care about this and just want to see everything you've worked for so many years just fly by then by all means, let me know and I won't bother you anymore."

George sighed. "Apology accepted."

"And?"

"Fine. I'm sorry too, will stop being so difficult..."

"Thank you," you said. "Now, let's order and get to work."