30.

"And once again, it's pole position at home for George Russell!" The TV spoke as you were clapping and celebrating with the team.

When George came back to the garage, he was a bit sweaty and apparently in a hurry to get to his engineer, although he looked pretty happy. He saw you and came to you, grabbing you from the waist and taking you closer to him. "Step one, done." He said with a smirk as he kissed you quite deeply. Your legs almost gave out at the intensity of his lips. He winked and left to finish his Saturday as some of the mechanics wolf whistled from the back.

When he finished, you were waiting for him at the room so he picked his stuff and suggested a romantic dinner at a nice restaurant in Towcester, which you agreed. He seemed quite confident in this new role, taking your hand and kissing you on the lips or the cheek or the top of your head, which was his favourite by the amount of times he's done it. But you were a bit shy, didn't know why. It was just baffling you how he already made plans and took all your stuff with him as if he was completely used to you.

"Penny for your thoughts?" He poked you on the arm as you walked towards his motor home.

You giggled. "It's not much, I'm just a bit overwhelmed..."

"With what?"

You sighed. "Please don't take this the wrong way, it's nothing actually, I'm just feeling like you're way better at this than I am, you already knew where to go for dinner and grabbed all my stuff without forgetting a single one, like we haven't been together for only a few hours..."

He smiled and opened the door of his motor home, took your hand and guided you to the sofa. "Darling listen, this is all I've wanted to do while we've been coming and going before. I knew all of your quirks and your coats, your iPads and your bags. I know that you like it when I kiss your forehead because you would always blush when I did it," he said and did it again, making you giggle. "I'm also doing some of the stuff I refrained myself from doing, like taking you to a nice dinner and take your hand while walking home, or even kissing you after a run with the car... I don't know, you make me happy and I want to do it all with you." He explained.

You looked at him and bit your lip. "Remember that night I told you 'fuck you George Russell'?

He chuckled. "Yeah, you were mad at me because I was pretty."

You let out a chuckle. "Well yeah, mainly that but I also wanted to do all of the rest. Bloody hell, the way I wanted to kiss you! I was seriously thinking to push you against a lamppost and snog your soul away."

He blushed deeply as he laughed. "Really? Why didn't you?"

"George we were supposed to be working together!" You said. "I accepted being your friend because I told myself it would be easier to win you that way but then you hugged me and I knew I was screwed. And then we take it to the next level by taking a small trip home together and going to a pub. My head was telling me to control myself but my heart and my gut were all for you, hence the drunken semi confession you got there."

He listened with a big grin. "You told me you hated me that night, too."

You smiled, knowing what that meant. "The next night you told me it was mutual, so..."

"That I did. I don't know if it meant the exact opposite but I meant the same reasons. That night I left you at your parents' I almost came back to kiss you, in all honesty, I stopped for a bit to think about it!"

"Oh god!" You groaned and kissed him. "George all I wanted that night was for you to stamp me against your car and just kiss me to shut my head up. Stayed up quite late balancing the possibilities of just letting myself go and either manage your case or quit just to be with you," you giggled. "But all of you meant so much more than a kiss, so I waited and settled myself with being with you as friends."

"So you really want me to turn into this bad boy that snogs you in the dark or right at the door of your parents' house, huh?" He said with a smirk as his hand moved up and down your back.

"And you really want to prove you're a bad boy, huh?" You grabbed his moving hand and kept it in one spot. "You have a race tomorrow, we'll have time to do bad boy things after, stay cool Russell."

"Ugh, I know, I feel like I should quit racing just to make you entirely mine..." he whispered against your neck, as he left a kiss at the base. You shivered and closed your eyes.

"Fuck, G, what are you doing?"

He giggled darkly as he let go of you and stood up. "A preview of the paid subscription of being my girlfriend..." he winked and left to get changed.

You let out a cackle and kept laughing. "That's cheap payback, Russell!"

You could hear him laughing from the bathroom. "We have a long weekend ahead even though it's Saturday evening darling, keep it in your pants!"

The dinner earlier was even better. It was so relaxing to let go of all kinds of restraints and just be who you wanted to be with George. You discovered he had an ability to make you laugh all the time, with jokes or puns and even with his many faces. He was also a tease, because he liked to boast of his height and escape your kisses just for fun. He would end up begging for those later but still.

He asked how did you know about Carmen and you told him everything that happened that day. "Honestly, I felt so foolish! I thought I let myself feel too much towards you and in the end you'd be with her, so it was like the end of the world to me..." you explained to him as he took your hand across the table. "That's why I cut all personal ties with you, I couldn't give in again. And then Carmen went to my office and explained the reason she was there. I was a bit mad still but I stopped blaming you when I decided I was going to win you back."

"But you never lost me in the first place..."

"For a moment, I thought I did and I wanted you to lose me too, even though I was loving you so deeply. Like you wanted to do with Carmen and the lease of your flat, I did with my work. I wanted to do things right, to finish your project, to see that you had a good team behind you and that the press was in good terms with you, so I presented all of that to Stefano on Monday and he accepted my resignation from today."

George smiled and bent down on the table to kiss your hand. "You did all that for me?"

"Figured saying I love you wasn't enough..." you gave him a smile.

He giggled and stood up to kiss you on the lips. "You are more than enough, don't know if I deserve you but I really want to."

You stroked his face slowly. "Don't worry about that, us loving each other must be answer enough, don't you reckon?"

He nodded and gave you another kiss before coming back to his seat.

— —

A/N:
+1k readings! Thank you so much!
We're close to the ending, so I hope you really like it 💙