29.

"What do you mean she's not here? It's media day!" George told his PR.

"I'm sorry George, she told me she's still caught in some events and most likely won't be able to make it this weekend..."

"I can't believe her, and she's not even- ugh! Let's go." He said, leaving to do his duties.

He checked his phone once more, seeing that you still had him banned from your personal number. He texted once more to the work one, to see if you were going to be there.

"It's Silverstone weekend, I'm a mess without you! The press is all over me and I need you, if not as a friend, as a manager."

You took two hours to reply to him, since you were making sure everything was perfect for your plan.

"I'm sorry, George. My colleague there is perfect for the job, he know what he's doing, trust him. He has all your schedules and will take you to them. Good luck."

He sighed. You blocked him out completely, he couldn't believe it. "I miss you way too much..." he mumbled and kept going.

Friday was the same, but with the difference that there was some racing. George still did good in practices, keeping in the top 3 and even winning the second practice.

It just wasn't the same for him, you weren't there. He kept looking around to see you on the paddock, checking his phone and waiting for your texts. He was scared to ask about you to the others, because they would ask too many questions he didn't have the answers to, or even ask the questions he did knew how to respond but didn't want to. George didn't know if he was just scared of saying it again and not being able to ever let you know, or just making a fool of himself.

Saturday started rainy and gloomy just like George's mood. First thing he heard when he came back to the track, was someone asking him about you because they thought you'd be there. His mood dropped a ton more and he didn't even know it was possible. The only thing he was happy about, was that he had no media commitments, having completed them all the day before, so his PR substitute was nowhere to be found, not until quali at least.

The first few minutes of practice 3, rain was a threat, so they gave it all and the traffic was horrible. That of course didn't help George's mood, that went from sad to angry in 1:36:865 since he couldn't do a proper move with the cars around and the drizzle at some parts of the circuit.

Two minutes later, rain went on with everything it got and the session was suspended, expecting the rain to clear out in the next hour as predicted. Not even the wet compounds were able to prevent the cars from slipping, so the teams kept their cars inside.

George went back to his room and tried to meditate for a moment to calm his nerves, as he would need them sharp for qualifying. Right when he was getting into it, someone knocked on his door.

"Yeah? Come in."

"Hi George!" one of the girls from his regular PR team was at his door. "Congratulations on being discharged from the special team and back with us!" she said with a smile.

"What? What do you mean?" he asked.

"I assume you know, our work with the other agency is completed. I mean, we will still do some follow up on some press stuff but that's mainly on us, you're with us again, yay!" She made a little dance and frowned when he did the same. "Is there something wrong?"

George just looked to a random point in the room, deep in thought. "So she quit and she never told me?"

"Oh," the girl mumbled. "I thought you knew George, I'm sorry..."