24.

A/N: I know I don't leave these much but I'm posting this chapter I absolutely LOVE, just to get my head away from the awfully heartbreaking race ending we had today.
Our George will come back stronger than he ever was, this is just the beginning 💙

Enjoy and give it some love!

Two songs after, champagne was done and the dancing still wasn't possible, not even for slow dancing. "We should go..." George said. "I want to ask for another bottle and then we sneak out."

You chuckled. "You think we could get away with that?"

"I'm the Grand Prix winner, they owe me!" He said and went to ask for the bottle, always holding your hand.

You kept laughing and followed him out as he begged the guard to let him out because the bottle was gift from the prince. It was a lie, of course, but it worked.

What didn't work was forgetting to call the car again to pick you up, because the press was outside waiting to get their hands on anything. "Fuck!" You said and hid behind a plant with George beside you. "We can't go that way, we should walk the other way and call the car there."

He nodded and took off his jacket, placing it on your shoulders and then undoing your hair. "That way they won't recognise you or me." Then he walked along the streets with you, soon realising the press was waiting on the cars coming out but never noticed a couple walking out, which meant the night was quiet and beautiful.

"We can walk to mine, I reckon," you said. "What do you say? We can order something to chew on because that dinner was small af!"

He laughed. "That's true, good thing they gave us that chocolate thing for dessert."

You walked a few blocks chatting of the race and how was the mood in the garage after the win. Right before turning on your corner, he stopped you and pushed you against the wall. You gasped and looked up at him, ready to accept him.

"There's a photographer right in front of your door, look," he said in a whisper.

You never felt so stupid, he was just hiding you both, not trying a school move to kiss. You giggled. "What do you think we should do? We cannot let them see us in this state..."

"And it's late to call the car," he thought for a bit. "Can you walk to mine?"

"Not with these shoes, and I'm sorry I'm turning less and less into a princess," you chuckled.

He giggled and moved your hair from your face. "I don't care who you are, where you're from..."

You stared at him. "Are you quoting the Backstreet Boys at me?"

He smiled as if he was caught. "Got me, but it's the truth! Now hop on, I will take you."

"George you're insane, there's now way you can take me up there like that! I will take off my shoes," you said, already taking them off and grabbing the dress from the hem.

You walked along the streets, trying your best not to make too much noise, especially for the young ones around the club area, with phones ready to film if they saw someone interesting.

Almost an hour later, you got to George's, tired and a bit sweaty. The champagne bottle was empty, because you were thirsty or so you said. The day was about to start again when you finally opened the door to George's flat. He went to his cabinet, took out some nuts and then fruit from the fridge, along with more champagne.

"How does this and the pool sound?" He said.

"Fantastic!" You replied and helped him, before heading towards the covered pool. George came over and hugged you.