21.

Monaco Grand Prix. The most glamorous race, filled with the jet set and all you can ask in luxurious clothes, cars and yachts. If you're only attending, the week is as relaxing as ever. But if you're working, nothing compares to the amount of work you have to put up with. Especially drivers.

You had been with George all week preparing some nice PR activities for the weekend, even those required by F1 and the team. Everything had to be perfect, not to mention the race being the main event for all drivers, particularly George, reigning World Champion, who now wanted to win Monaco more than anything else.

"Excited, with more intentions of winning than ever! Monaco baby!" George said to the social media guy who was filming him entering the paddock. Then he kept walking and whispered to you by his side. "Can I switch my answer to 'shitting myself, wondering if I can win this bloody thing'?"

You chuckled and waited to be inside to pat his back. "Sadly, on this opportunity, being that honest won't help that much."

"People might imagine it though," he said as he hung his jacket and checked some data over his engineer's desk.

You took out your phone and showed him the photos of himself arriving at the paddock, sunglasses on and Tommy Hilfiger shirt on, with a denim jacket completing his outfit. Hair flowing perfectly and the most charming smile directed at everything around him. "Do you think the average formula one fan might say 'oh yeah, this bloke is dying inside' while looking at you being this level of cool?"

He looked at them and swiped on a few, smirking. "I look pretty good, don't I?" You nodded as you watched the photos too. "This guy gives me confidence, I can win this thing!" he smiled widely and looked at you.

"That's my champion!" You told him and fist bumped him with a similar grin. "Now go get changed and get to practice, we have a small interview between practice 1 and 2."

George nodded and went quickly to get changed.

Saturday came by pretty quickly, with everyone running around trying to meet the schedules and making them match the driver's.

George finished with his preparation and came out of his room with a serious face and his suit on. He put on the balaclava, set up his radio and turned to you for a wink before putting on the helmet and get into the car.

He made it easily into Q2, being the fastest between Max and Charles. You watched from the side with the headphones Toto insisted on you wearing so you could enjoy it more.

George wasn't as chatty as he usually is, meaning he was quite nervous and very focused on what he was doing. He knew he needed to get pole position to secure a possible win, or at least front row.

Q3 was a tight 10 minute window, between George, Max, Charles, Carlos, Daniel, Alex, Pierre, Lewis, Esteban and Lando. All fast cars, friends and also competitors. You winked at George when he looked for you in the back while sitting in the car again and leaving the garage once more.

It ended up being front row. Charles got pole and George was on second place. That meant he would need a killer strategy and to have the best start to win the position at first.

"We'll have so much work to do tonight," Toto commented as he went towards the garage to see his drivers.

George came back and went directly to you.

"Amazing job out there G, you can do this," you told him as you rubbed his arm.

"I surely hope so, thank you," he smiled. "Do we have PR work today? I wanted to go straight into strategy and briefing all afternoon..."

"Nothing, I already took care of everything, you go and work on that. Just text me if you need anything, okay?"

He nodded and smiled at you before leaving for the briefing room. He'd be having a busy night.

You were heating some frozen lasagna for dinner and were ready to sit on the sofa on your pyjamas, about to watch a movie, when your intercom buzzed.

"Weird," you thought. "It's past 10..."

You pressed the button and asked the other person to talk.

"Hi, sorry it's so late..." George said.

"Hey, it's everything okay? Come in," you said and buzzed him in.

"I was just a little nervous, we just finished briefing, it's going to be tough tomorrow..." he started as he came inside. "I needed a friendly face..."

You smiled at him and opened your arms to hug him, since he looked very tired. He accepted it.

"Want to rest? I was just about to eat and watch a movie."

"Brought dinner, I was hopping you hadn't eaten or were up for a snack," he chuckled and showed you a bag. He had brought some omelettes and peas, with baked sweet potatoes.

"That's delicious! I have a lasagna, but you can't eat that one can you?"

"Not now if I want to win tomorrow," he smiled softly.

"Let's not think about that, let's relax and tomorrow will be a new day, yeah?"

"Sounds like a plan," he said and went to the sofa with you.

The night was spend watching a silly comedy and just enjoying dinner. George seemed to relax and let go of all nervousness around the race. You did also, joking with him and clinking your glasses of water when something cheesy happened in the movie.

You yawned a few times too soon and George turned to you. "Should I head off so you can sleep?"

"No silly," you told him. "You can stay. It's 2 o'clock, you're not driving this late and this tired, come on..."

"That's very kind of you, at least let me help you set up the guest room," he offered.

You laughed. "No guest room for me my dear, only one room. I live in Monaco but I'm not as rich!"

He chuckled. "Fair enough, I'll take the sofa..."

"No no G, you get my bed, you need the rest, the sofa it's too small and I fit in there," you instructed. "Let me show you, I just have to change the sheets..."

"But your back, you'll sleep poorly, honestly it's fine for me!" He protested.

You came back with new sheets for the bed and told him. "George, your back is more important tomorrow and my bed is my only most luxurious item in my house, so," you gestured to your room, "please?"

He smiled in defeat and went there to help. "Nice room," he commented.

You thanked him and then left him to get comfortable. Your brain even came up with a weird thought, like how the sheets will smell like him in the morning. There was a moment where you debated if you were crazy or not.

The sofa was actually very uncomfortable, it had a middle section made for torture people, so you tried your best to avoid that part, even using a pillow to soften it, but nothing. After a few huffs and a long sigh accepting it was just for that night, you heard your bedroom door open and George standing beside you.

Without a word, he bent over, picked you bridal style and took you to your bed with no effort whatsoever.

"What are you doing?" You asked.

"Just for tonight, the bed is big enough and I cannot hear you complain anymore. Makes me feel like I'm stealing your bed..." he offered.

You smiled softly. "Thank you George, if it gets uncomfortable, I can go, really..."

"Same here, but I'm fine, you?"

"Great," you said and turned off the light. "Goodnight, G."

He ruffled your hair and giggled. "Goodnight."