Chapter 1: First Day, Last Year

It was finally here. Their last year of high school. Only three more semesters and class 3-A would no longer be students, but real heroes out in the real world. Everyone was extremely excited but also a little sad at the same time. Over the last few years, the kids have grown extremely close, and the thought of graduation and everyone moving on with their lives and losing that closeness was a depressing thought to some. But they pushed those thoughts aside and focused on enjoying what time they had left with each other.
Jirou sat down at her desk, patiently waiting for class to start.  She looked over to her right, sighing at the empty desk next to her. 

Her smile quickly faded as she thought about the blonde.  Ever since he asked her out, their relationship had never been the same.  He pretty much avoided her the rest of their first year.  Not out of anger or spite, he was just too heartbroken to be around her.  Their second year he would be friendly and talk to her when necessary, but she could tell he wasn't his old self.  The bright lights that used to dance in his eyes had dimmed.  His smile and chaotic energy that he radiated seemed to fade.  And the worst part is, he stopped making her laugh.  She was always laughing at his stupid antics or his goofy personality.  But Jirou couldn't remember the last time she had a real laugh.  A nice loud belly laugh that made it hurt to breathe.  She didn't realize how much she missed him and how much their friendship truly meant to her.  All she wanted was for things to go back to normal. 

A sudden barrage of noise snapped her out of her thoughts.  Looking up she saw Kaminari hastily dashing over to his desk, knocking over everything and everyone in sight.  She snickered as he almost wiped out on a chair leg as he hastily sat down in his desk wiping sweat off his forehead.  Not wanting to make things awkward Jirou shyly turned away and focused her attention at the front of the classroom. 

"Have a good break Jirou Jack?"

She whipped her head around in surprise.  It had been a long time since she'd been called that.  It had also been a long time since Kaminari intentionally initiated a conversation with her.

"Uh yeah just kind of hung out I guess. What about you?"

She asked, her eyebrow raised with curiosity.

"Oh mine was awesome I had so much fun!"

Kaminari replied as he pumped his fist in the air. Jirou noticed he seemed happier than usual. Almost like he was back to his old self.

"Well that's good to hear. What happened?"

Jirou asked, turning her full attention to him.

"I just decided to get my butt in gear and take this last year seriously. I studied almost every day with a tutor and started working out with Midoroya. I've never felt better!"

His smile was definitely back. As well as that old gleam in his eye. Jirou couldn't help but smile back.

Good to have you back Jamming-Whey

At that moment Aizawa walked through the door, taking his usual place up front, ruffling a big stack of papers.

"Welcome to your third and final year at U.A. You guys have come a long way. You're no longer first years, but promising young heroes with so much potential. That being said do not get complacent. You're at the top of UA right now so there's more eyes on you. Behave accordingly and continue to work hard"

Jirou noticed that unlike the past few years, Kaminari was actually sitting up straight and paying attention, his eyes laser focused. 

"Anyway, onto business then"

Aizawa continued. 

"Today you're gonna stay in the classroom but tomorrow we're jumping straight into hero training.  I'll brief you all now on what you'll be doing so we can jump straight into it tomorrow"