Date Night

It was a chilly spring Saturday evening as Kyoka paced around her room nervously.  She had been in many life threatening battles before, yet for some reason her nerves at those moments paled in comparison to right now. Finals week was over and graduation was just around the corner so the intensity of school had died down.  The perfect time for her and Kaminari to go on their first date.  She checked herself in the mirror one last time making sure everything was perfect.  She went with a purple Dead Kennedys shirt with a denim vest, black skinny jeans, and matching black combat boots. 

Feeling satisfied, Jirou took a deep breath to settle her butterflies before heading out the door.  Down in the common room, Bakugo and Kirishima were playing Mortal Kombat, Deku and Iida were playing a hero dueling card game with Uraraka watching, and Ashido, Yaoyorozu, and Hagakure were sitting in a circle chatting. 

"Oh hey Kyoka! Where are you off to?"

Uraraka asked cheerfully from the table.

"Oh I'm just going to grab some dinner with my parents! They're taking me out to celebrate passing finals"

Jirou replied innocently.  Despite talking for the past week and hanging out in each others rooms, Jirou and Kaminari weren't ready to reveal their relationship to the rest of the class just yet.  Kaminari had in fact left about thirty minutes ahead of her to not draw suspicion. 

"Oh have fun!"

Yaoyorozu replied before turning her attention back to their friends.  Everyone seemed to buy the fib besides Ashido who squinted her eyes in suspicion as she watched her friend walk away into the night.  Kyoka never wore anything besides a T-Shirt and sweatpants if she could help it. Plus she seemed to have a little more pep in her step for someone who was just going to get dinner with their parents. 

Jirou breathed a sigh of relief as she quickly walked off campus texting Kaminari that she was on her way.  They decided to keep things simple and hang out at a local arcade a few blocks away for a few hours. Jirou felt her hands shaking in nervousness the whole walk there.  She had never been on a real date before, at least not one where she actually wanted to make a good impression on the guy she was with. 

Kaminari was waiting by the entrance, scrolling through his phone leaning against a light post. He got up and waved when he saw her approaching. Jirou froze for a brief moment. She had never seen him dress up like this before and he cleaned up very nice. He was wearing a grey Foo Fighters shirt with a black leather jacket, classic jeans, and Vans.

"Hey"

Was all that Jirou could manage to get out. Kaminari was also starstruck at how beautiful Jirou looked in the moonlight before replying with a casual.

"Hey yourself"

They stood there awkwardly in silence for a few minutes both unable to maintain eye contact.

"Do you uh, wanna go inside?"

Kaminari asked finally breaking the silence.

"Yeah yeah let's go"

Jirou quickly replied as they turned and walked inside. The scene was exactly what you would imagine inside any old arcade. Ball and Chain was by Social Disorder was playing over the speakers as they looked around for what games to play first. Kaminari looked like a kid in a candy store, his eyes lighting up every time they passed a game. Jirou couldn't help but stifle a laugh. His goofy easygoing personality was just one of the many things she loved about him. After looking around for awhile they started with a simple Fast and Furious car racing game. Both of them laughing and talking trash as they played.