Chapter 3: The Match

Kamanari stood with his team at the entrance to Ground Beta waiting for the training exercise to start.

"All right let's go over the plan one last time"

Midoriya said ushering in the team around him.

"Shoji, you be our eyes and ears as we escort the robot out.  If we get engaged, Tokoyami will fly the robot away.  Kamanari you stay in the back line keeping them at bay with your electricity.  Ashido use your mobility and your acid to force them out of position.  Knowing Kacchan he's probably gonna try and go for me first so that'll leave you guys to take out the rest of the team.  Remember we don't necessarily have to beat them, we just have to make sure Tokoyami gets the robot out of the arena"

Everyone nodded in approval as they geared up for the match to start. 

"Awww yeah let's win this!"

Ashido said excitedly as she cracked her knuckles and rocked from side to side stretching her legs.  The start horn sounded shortly after as the robot sprang to life.   It was programmed to follow basic instructions from the hero team. 

"Follow us"

Midoriya commanded as the robot followed behind the group as they ran through the city towards the exit. 

"Anything Shoji?"

Tokoyami asked as he looked around anxiously waiting for their opponents to attack. 

"Nothing yet"

Shoji replied, his extra pairs of eyes and ears were everywhere scanning every inch of the playing field. 

"Wait nvm he's here Midoriya"

Deku looked up and sure enough Bakugo was flying at him at mach ten. 

"YOU'RE SO DEAD DEKU!"

Bakugo screamed as he fired a massive explosion but Midoriya jumped out of the way. 

"The others are not far behind!"

Shoji shouted spotting Kirishima and Ojiro running after them. 

"Tokoyami get the robot out of here!"

Midoriya yelled as he dodged another explosion, using black whip to grab a streetlight and launch himself back at Bakugo.  Kaminari fired a pointer at Kirishima but he dodged and rolled out of the way as he used his quirk to barrel towards Tokoyami who grabbed the robot and was wrapping his cloak around Dark Shadow, preparing to take off with Dark Fallen Angel. 

"Oh no you don'!"

Ashido said as she stepped forward to protect Tokoyami, firing her acid at Kirishima.  It stung a little bit but Kirishima just kept charging forward.  A sonic wave knocked her to the ground as Jirou fired a heartbeat distortion giving Kirishima a clear shot at Tokoyami.  He lunged at the bird boy but his hand swiped nothing but air as Tokoyami took off into the sky carrying the robot in his arms.  Unfortunately he only moved about twenty yards before a bright light illuminated him and he instantly fell to the ground.  Following the source of the light, Kaminari looked up to see Yaoyorozu manning a giant search light from the roof of a nearby building, keeping the light on Tokoyami so he couldn't fly away or fight to defend himself.  Shoji and Ashido ran over to protect him as Kirishima and Jirou advanced.  Kamanari aimed his pointer at Yaoyorozu about to fire when Ojiro appeared out of knowing whipping Kaminari's wrist with his tail sending the pointer harmlessly into the wall. 

Jirou looked over at Kaminari and Ojiro fighting before focusing her attention back to Ashido and Tokoyami. 

Ojiro should be able to take care of Kaminari quickly, then we'll be an extra man up in the fight over the robot.  The plan is all coming together Yaomomo