Chapter 2: Catching Up

Jirou taught Kaminari how to play for their school festival but the music she was hearing right now was on a whole other level. She cracked the door open just to confirm that it was actually him playing. Sure enough, there he was, yellow Flying V across his lap. The way his fingers moved across the fretboard made a sound she never thought possible. His tone was gentle yet powerful. Immaculate, like a cross between Stevie Ray Vaughan and Eric Johnson. He was playing a soulful melodic solo like something David Gilmour would do. Her jaw hit the floor as he hit a high pinch harmonic with a whammy bar dive.

What the hell? Since when could he do that?

Not being able to contain her curiosity she opened his door all the way as she entered the room. Started out of his mind, Kaminari flopped out of his chair creating a loud feedback from his amp. Jirou couldn't help but laugh as she watched him hastily adjust the amp settings while rubbing his head.

"Uh hey Jirou what's up?"

Kaminari asked confused by her sudden presence. Although he wasn't really surprised. She was very bold and was always doing stuff like this, especially whenever there was music involved.

"How the hell did you learn how to do that?"

Jirou asked in complete bewilderment from the playing she just heard.

"Oh well I've just been practicing a lot. Ever since you taught me how to play for the festival, I just kind of fell in love with guitar"

Kaminari replied as he set his guitar down turning to face her.

"That's awesome! Why didn't you ever tell me? We could've played together all this time!"

Jirou asked excitedly, although her smile fell as she immediately knew the answer. It was her fault why he never told her. Why he avoided her for so long.

"I know I should have"

Kamanari replied awkwardly rubbing the back of his head.

"I guess you know, after what happened that day we kinda drifted apart"

An awkward silence filled the room. This was the first time the two had actually talked about what happened.

"It's not your fault Kaminari. I feel terrible I really do"

Jirou said breaking the silence.

"You didn't do anything wrong Jirou. You can't help how you feel"

Kaminari replied with a wide smile.

"That was a long time ago anyway. I'm over it now. I've moved on"

Jirou was relieved to her him say that.

"So maybe do you think we could be friends again?"

She asked, a glimmer of hope in her eye.

"Yeah definitely! I missed you"

Kaminari replied as he opened his arms. Jirou smiled as she embraced him. It felt good to finally have her friend back.

"Hang on I'll be right back"

She sprinted off to her room and came back with her own guitar and amp.

"What are you doing?"

Kamanari asked confused as he watched her get set up.

"Now that I actually have a friend who's good at guitar, we're gonna jam out!"

Jirou replied as she struck a E power chord to test her amp.