Chapter 24

Rias conjured one of her magic circles, and the club room was filled with gentle white light rather than the usual warm red. All devils present filed through, leaving the human world behind while also waving goodbye towards Ibara.

The group of young devils found themselves in a dark forest. The sky was reflective of the underworld's bizarre night cycle, being a bluish-purple than the black of the human world. As a result, their surroundings were more purple shadow than anything else, though it didn't matter to them as devils possessed above-normal night vision.

At some unspoken signal, Rias, Koneko, and Kiba summoned their familiars; the familiars in question nodded to their summoners before scampering off to who knew where. "Where are they going?" Asia asked.

"It's tradition," Rias explained as Moka simply flew up to the branch above them, where she slept upside down. "While they spend their time with us in the human world, when we return for any time it's expected to let them have time off, so to speak. This is their home after all." Kiba's hawk flew off, while Koneko's white kitten climbed up a tree and disappeared from sight.

"This place sure is spooky," Izuku commented. It kinda looked like the setting of a horror movie.

"AHOY THERE!" An obnoxiously eager voice called from above and behind. The group turned to find a man standing like an over-eager cub scout on a mission, in a hero pose up on one of the lower branches of the trees. "WELCOME TO THE FAMILIAR FOREST!"

"It's a pleasure to see you again, Master Zatouji," Rias inclined her head. "You have my thanks for accommodating us tonight."

"No thanks are necessary!" The familiar master leaped down to land in front of them, thankfully for his sake, he was speaking at a volume that didn't grate any of their ears. "Now, how many familiars are we looking for tonight!"

"Two for my new servants."

The man nodded in understanding, "I see. Well then, can I interest you in an adolescent dragon?" The man blurred, and was suddenly next to Izuku, behaving as if the Pawn was a potential familiar. "Good fighting potential, with a Longinus Gear included in the package. Physical condition and performance may be currently pitiful, but with enough time and practice can exceed in all areas. Any takers?"

"Huh?" Izuku and the others stared blankly at the familiar master, somewhat alarmed that he was being described so well, as well as unnerved about apparently being offered like an art piece at an auction. To his dismay, Asia raised her hand. "I'm not a dragon. What gave you that idea?" Izuku muttered.

"He's right," Rias said, glaring at Asia as she lowered her hand. "Izu-kun is already one of my precious servants, and he may have a dragon-type Sacred Gear, but he's no dragon."

"Really? I could've sworn…" Zatouji shrugged as he looked Izuku over. "Oh well. Now then, what types of familiars are you looking for? A strong type? A fast type? Or a poison type?"

'I feel like I've seen this somewhere before…' Izuku said to himself. "Uh, I'm not sure. What would you recommend?"

Zatouji smiled at Izuku's question, taking out a catalog from his bag. Flipping through the pages, he stopped and pointed at a drawing of a dragon that took up the whole page. The drawing radiated great ferocity.

"This is what I would recommend! One of the Dragon Kings! Chaos Karma Dragon, Tiamat! She's a legendary dragon, and also the only female among the Dragon Kings! Even now, there hasn't been a devil who has caught her yet! That would be obvious! Since she's said to be as strong as the Four Satans!"