Chapter 42

The Gremory Devils and Ibara were seen sitting patiently for Grayfia to arrive and take them to the arena for the Rating Game. Kiba was on the sofa, sheathing his Holy Eraser and setting it in front of him, Koneko was on the opposite couch, putting on her fighting gloves that had a pink cat paw print on each glove's backside, and Rias and Akeno were quietly drinking tea.

'Damn,' Izuku thought in slight surprise, who was sitting on the couch Kiba was sitting at next to Asia, with Ibara standing on his right. 'Rose doesn't even look worried about the game.'

The group then heard the sound of doors opening and closing and turned their heads to see two familiar guests.

"Sorry if I'm interrupting."

"No, please, come on in, Sona and Tsubaki," Rias says to them. "We're glad you can make it."

"Huh?" Izuku made a puzzled look at the Devils of the Student Council. "Why are they here?"

"There's a live broadcast of the Rating Game so family members can watch. Sona and Tsubaki are here to help out with that, and watch the game as well."

"Huh." Izuku makes a sound of interest while resting his head on the back of the sofa, making Tsubaki soften her eyes at the boy in the background without anyone noticing, finding his position cute.

"And besides, it's her first Rating Game," Sona added. "I wouldn't miss an event like this for anything."

Rias smiles at her friend.

"Well, I promise to do everything in my power to make it interesting for you."

While the two were chatting, Izuku looked up at the ceiling.

'Hey Ddraig'
[Something on your mind Partner?]
'...Just wondering...can I try something after this is all over?'
[You're suggesting on trying to know more of your memories...then by all means...go for it]

That's all he wanted to hear.

From behind Sona and Tsubaki, a silver transportation circle has formed on the floor, getting everyone's attention. Coming out of it, was the maid of the House of Gremory, Grayfia, who sets her stare on the Gremory Devils.

"It's almost time," Grayfia informs them. "I hope you're ready for this, Rias-sama."

"Yes," Rias replies while nodding. "We're ready when you are."

Hearing this allowed Grayfia to continue.

"In a few moments, we'll use this magic circle to transport you and the rest of your servants to the battlefield."

"Um, where exactly is the battlefield?" Izuku asks with a tilted head.

"In a neutral alternate space created just for the games," Akeno answers him. Izuku then tenses up a little when her smile widens while she places a hand on her cheek. "Because that it's not real, we have full license to do some damage, even burn it to the ground if we want~."

Izuku shakes nervously as she giggles happily.

"Was that last part really necessary?"

"Tsubaki and I will be in the Student Council broadcast room calling the game," Sona informs Rias. "We'll be cheering you on." Sona then smirks at her Queen. "And I think I know who Tsubaki will be cheering for the most."

Tsubaki jumped with wide eyes and a dark blush when she heard her master tease her.

"Wh-Wh-What are you trying to get at?!"