Chapter Two

Constance

"Mmmm.. no, papa, no!" The vivid images of my dream shake me to my core, enough to where I'm suddenly awake, on my ass, and taking in ragged breaths. My groggy mind takes a moment to process; the world around me is bright and unrecognizable, I've never been here before. My hands gently rest on the concrete ground and I look around. I'm sitting in a wooden gazebo, save for the concrete flooring. It's all made out of chocolate brown wood and the fences that go around the rim of it are shaped in an interconnected pattern of circles. 

Across the gazebo, my eyes catch on a dark bench that holds a sole occupant: the man from the store! He's sat comfortably, his legs spread wide open, one hand holding up his phone and the other resting inches from his crotch - thankfully covered by black jeans. Before the ocean of panic sets in, it's like I'm stuck in an entrancement, stuck here staring at him. His eyes are a storm: powerful, and if you're not careful, you'll get snatched up and taken away by them. His muscles are still very much there, and very much bulging; it's like his clothes can barely keep him contained. 

The sleep fog finally starts to wear off and I stop looking at him, instead looking myself up and down then looking around. I can feel the fingers of anger pulling me away, grasping at me, red seeps into the corners of my vision as I realize I don't have my bag, I don't have anything. My brain starts to swirl, trying to connect the dots of me being at the shop and then here now, how did I get here?

I can't remember the last time that I fainted for no reason, I wasn't feeling dizzy or off so there's no way that's what happened. Plus, if he were just "taking care of me" then he probably would've taken me to a hospital. 

I suppose I should be grateful I'm not there, they would identify me and my Father would find me immediately. 

A stinging sensation from my neck brings me back to reality and I rub it gingerly while I stare at him. His eyes flicker, following my hand as I raise it to my neck. At this, my rage boils even hotter; he must've taken me. 

He could know who I am, if he took me then the chances of that are high. But if he does know who I am, and likely the price on my head, then why hasn't he given me back by now? Or could my Father simply be coming to us, too worried to chance me escaping again? 

"Where am I?" I question raggedly, my face forming into an angry glare. I must not look as intimidating as I thought, as his face is frozen at a patient smile and his grey eyes, though enticing, are stone cold. The shaking starts at my hands but soon travels to the rest of my body until I'm shaking like an angry cat cornered by a rabid dog. I allow my fists to curl into balls at my sides but his smile only seems to grow, it becomes more amused than anything. "I said, where the fuck am I?"

I jump up to my feet, though the height difference is blatantly clear despite him still sitting. You can just glance at him and know that I would have no chance of getting past him, based on size alone. I push myself back against the fence of the gazebo, keeping him in my eyeline as I try to figure out a way out of this or at least figure out where my bags are.

"Where's my shit?" I seethe to myself, though loudly enough to where he can hear me. My anger slowly grows more, burning into a ball of fire in my belly.

He quietly chuckles, watching as I ball my fists up again and rub them on my thighs angrily. Glaring at him, I take off into the opening of the gazebo and off into the small forest surrounding us.

The trees are tall and overwhelming, the tops of them boosting off into a million leaves and branches.

He's probably going to kill me, all people who kidnap someone and take them in the middle of a forest are serial killers.