Chapter Four

Constance

"Why? Why am I here?" I question, tears building up at the overwhelming idea of being stuck here forever. A grin graces his lips as he looks at me, his eyes dark and glinting. A blush warms my face and I look down nervously.

"I couldn't help it," He murmurs softly, reaching out and caressing my cheek. "You needed to be mine."

I scoff, shaking my head and speaking in disbelief. "You can't have me."

"Says who?" He asks, sitting up from the bed and coming closer, his hands resting on my legs. "Nobody told me I couldn't have you, so I took you."

My heart begins to beat faster. What does he mean? What does this mean for me??

"It's not like you want to go back home, right?" He taunts, his teeth slightly visible from his small smile.

Panic begins to set in and I close my eyes, only to feel him wrap his arms around me and pick me up, setting me on his hip.

"Let me down!" I cry out. "Let me down!!"

"Sit still or I'll put you on my shoulder," He growls, a blush creeps on my face again despite my panic.

I turn my face away from him, looking behind us as he begins to take us to god knows where.

I don't understand why this man wants me to be "his". The only thing that can happen to me is being a slave (like a fucking SEX SLAVE) or selling me, or even taking me back to my father.

This whole situation makes me want to crawl out of my skin.

As he carries me off, I realize that we're heading to the kitchen. I know he kidnapped me and everything, but his pancakes were good as hell!

Maybe he'll cook for me.

The minute we take a step into the kitchen, the wafting smell of bacon makes me shudder in excitement; it's my favorite breakfast food.

I pull my head away from Ace's shoulder to look towards the food, but I get met with another man. He's short and plump, his cheeks and nose as red as apples, and his whole personality is spread across his face with a cheery smile.

"Good morning, sir!" The man says, grinning happily at the sight of Ace.

"Chef Cherry? What are you doing here so early and cooking? It's only 8:50," Ace says, looking down at his watch for the time with a confused look.

"Normally when you give me a time, you mean an hour early! You get up early so often I just expect it," He chuckles, turning his back to us and flipping the food. "It's almost finished, just a couple more minutes!"

Ace smiles and nods silently, then turns on his heel and carries me into the room that we sat in yesterday. The only difference in the room is that now, instead of an empty table, there are a few notebooks and coloring books.

I hide the smile that forms on my face; I love coloring and writing, especially when I get to make my handwriting look pretty!

He gently leans down and settles down on the couch, then lifts me up and sets me on the floor beside his feet.

"Try what you did yesterday again and I won't hesitate to make you regret it," he says surprisingly gently and grabs a notebook.

"Okay," I whisper, watching his hands with the notebook, my face twisted with confusion.

"I know that so far it's been a little rough, I haven't exactly helped it either. We need to go over some ground rules, you have to make sure to follow them and not break them or there will be consequences, okay?" he says, opening the notebook to the first page and handing it to me.