Chapter Five

Constance

I don't know what's wrong with me, but it's hard to want to talk; words feel like a whole other world away and I open my mouth, asking for another bite.

I bite my lip, thinking if I want more pancakes.

Pushing my legs together and bringing them up to my chest, I feel more comfortable. I feel smaller.

"What's wrong, little girl?" He asks, his forehead creased in worry.

I shake my head in order to tell him that it's nothing, then I open my mouth again, asking for more food.

After half of the pancakes are gone, I begin to shake my head when he offers a bite. He smiles in reaction when I do and places me on the floor, grabbing his own plate and starting to eat.

I grin when I notice the coloring books, sitting still on the table. My head tilts to the side as I look up at Ace and to the coloring books; basically asking for permission.

His form of punishment isn't that fun.

When he sees, he smiles again and nods, his mouth full of pancakes. I watch as he grabs the remote and puts on a Disney princess movie. Scooting over to the table, I grab the books and look at my findings.

One is a dinosaur book, another is an animal one (mostly cats!), and the third is a Hello Kitty book.

I look up at the TV as I reach for the crayons, smiling as I see that it's Beauty and The Beast; my favorite movie. My brain feels like it's split into pieces, ignoring everything around me and focusing on the TV and coloring, nothing else matters.

Soon enough, a liquid between my legs shocks me out of my zone. Anxiety and panic filter through my body, I had an accident.

I feel my cheeks and eyes get warm and tears drip to my chin. Springing to my feet, I run to the bathroom in my room, terrified that it'll already be bad.

"Where are you going?" Ace calls after me, quickly getting up to run after me. Doors slam shut behind me and the click of the lock seems to not only lock the door but lock in my brain what happened. I softly sob and sink to the floor, the iciness shaking me awake.

A gentle knock on the door scares me and I sob harder, shaking.

"Constance?" He says softly. "Please open the door."

"No," I whimper. I can hear him quietly sigh behind the door and my tears seem to come down even harder. "I can't, I jus can't!"

"Please, little girl. You just gotta grab the knob and open it," He gently probes, attempting to talk me into opening it myself.

"No!" I say louder, sobs following the same suit.

"Okay," He says a little firmer. "Either open the door for me, sweetie, or I'll open it for you."

I sniffle and reach up, twisting the door and pulling it open a little.

His hand pushes through frantically and he comes in, leaning down to where I am and looking me over for injuries.

"Oh," He mumbles gently. "Did you have an accident? It's okay if you did."

I look down, away from him, away from his authoritative eyes that make me feel like the truth will be yanked out of my throat, and shake my head in a lie.

His eyes darken, slight disappointment lining the pursing of his lips.

"Are you lying to me?" He questions.

Biting my lip, I take a deep breath and crumble into a small ball in front of him. He sighs and lifts me up, setting me on my feet.

I go along with his movements, him quickly stripping me and starting up the water. He leaves me in my panties and a shirt as he grabs a towel and other things.