Chapter Sixteen

Ace

"Hello?" I say into the phone, trying to keep my voice low as Constance is asleep. 

"Ace?" I hear my father ask in response. 

"Yeah, I'm here. Go ahead," I tell him, yawning. 

"I apologize, with the weather last night and today over here we haven't been able to send Nicolas out to meet you. I need you to make some time to come see me, we need to talk about some... things. It's important," His gruff voice rings from the phone, the command in his voice is obvious. 

"I have a couple of things coming up but I'll put it on my priority list, I'll call you tomorrow and let you know when I'll be able to make it," I tell him, hanging up quickly before he can bitch at me for not coming immediately. I have shit to do, I have Constance to take care of. 

----

It doesn't take us very long to get settled on the plane - Noah takes care of putting our luggage in the storage area and the pilot just has to wait. As soon as we take off into the air, Constance falls asleep in her chair. 

The ride from Seattle to Los Angeles is about 6 hours and I told her it'd be best if she took a nap on the way, she was tired earlier when we were packing. 

The plane trip is silent, minus her cute little mumbles in her sleep. Noah sits up in the pilot's cabin to keep an eye on the situation so we know if anything bad happens - you never know in the sky. 

I look over to Constance; dressed in a short sleeve romper onesie, her Converse kicked off onto the floor in front of her, and her knees brought up to her chest so she's in a fetal position. 

I'm honestly curious as to what her thought process on DDLG is, she hasn't talked to me or explained what she's thinking yet. I mean, she's been staying with me and playing along with it and hasn't tried to run. 

Maybe she's happy? Or just too afraid that her father is going to get to her, drag her back home, and post her up with gang boy. 

It was really unexpected when she told me that he was going to marry her off to someone, though the abuse wasn't much of a surprise. She has scars all over, I pretty much assumed. 

I wonder if she offered to help with my people because of the power? If she has more then it would be easier to get away, though if she really wanted to leave I would probably let her. 

I haven't said anything to her about this, to be honest, I've completely avoided it, but her father is searching desperately for her. I mean, she is one of the biggest things that could increase how much power and territory he has so it's not a surprise. I doubt he wants her for any other reason than that. 

Despite all of the trouble that chases her, I'm so glad I came across her. Thank god for Kaitlyn. She's so much better than all of the other littles that I've met, and that says a lot. 

She's so adorable and precious, innocent, her ignorance shines through her every single day and I'm obsessed with it. Despite that, she's so smart and well put together. 

I'm getting far more attached to her than I need to be, though. If something happens to her, I don't know how I would react and that could potentially be dangerous; for her, me, and my people. Right now, she's become my biggest weakness. 

I should make sure that we have plenty of guards with us, I can't let her get hurt or taken during our time here. 

A lightbulb shines in my head and I smile, pulling out my phone and sending off a couple of texts. I'm going to make sure that she has a good time here.