Twenty-Five

Ace

Honestly, when I thought about how my day was going to go this morning, I was just terrified that she hated me. Nothing gave me any idea that this would happen, why was she even at a club? Noah was watching her! Leaving the hotel shouldn't have even crossed their minds... much less this.

Now my precious girl, the only fucking thing in this world that brings me a smile, is limp in my arms because I left. I trusted someone else to watch her and they couldn't even do that, just one simple fucking thing.

I swallow harshly, tasting the beer from before, and hand Constance over to Aaron. My body burns, every part of me vibrating with pulsating anger as the man sits in the corner of my eye.

"Gentle," I tell him sharply, gingerly making sure her head is propped up on his shoulder and that she's perfectly supported. He nods, taking a deep breath as he lets me move his arms around and treat him like a doll.

I go to step back, go to walk away, and make this man hurt, but my baby girl whimpers. Her eyes tear up and her hand twitches slightly towards me, more tears dripping down her cheeks as she realizes again that she can't move.

My hands clench at my pants and my mouth hardens, this fucker did this to my baby girl, put shit in her system, and forced her into this position.

I want to make him eat his balls and then tear out his throat, cut him bloody, and feed him to wolves.

"Don't worry, love, I'm not going far," I whisper to her, kissing her tears away and running my fingers through her hair. Another whimper follows as I pull away, but the look on her face tells me that she needs me to do this. "I got this, I promise."

Turning away slowly, I take in the man again.

My anger, pushed aside temporarily as I comforted my baby, smacks me in the face tenfold.

The man is pressed up against the brick wall, shaking like a leaf as he stares up at me. He's dressed in all black - simple but classy, obviously trying to impress while being forgettable. Fucking asshole.

Sweat pours down his forehead, stutters, and mumbles spewing from his mouth.

"Ple-please, I was just-just checking on her, I swear it!" He explains anxiously, pushing himself into the corner of where the alley ends. His feet scrape noisily against the ground, pulling rocks and trash back with him in a nasty pile.

I scoff, shaking my head at one of the fucking stupidest people I've ever seen. Taking a step forward, I begin to grin as he tries to push himself further into the corner.

"You look like a fucking pile of trash," I chuckle, stopping a couple of feet away and crouching down. I abruptly stop chuckling and bite my lip, thinking before I speak. "Chichi."

"Yes, sir?" she says immediately, stepping to block Constance's sight of this interaction. She should still be able to see me slightly, know I'm here, but I don't want her watching this. Not now.

"Who are you?" I growl again, tilting my head slightly as I stare blankly. His Adam's apple bobs as he gulps, paling and frantically looking for a way out.

"Who-," I pause, reaching into my jacket to pull out my gun, then I lift it and hold it pointed to his balls. "-are you?"

"My, uh, name is Kane," He mumbles, pushing against the ground to hold himself to the wall even harder.

"Kane, what?" I scoff, shaking my head at his stupidity.

"Kane Dubois,"

"Dubois, huh?"