Chapter Three

Constance

"I just saw you, lost, alone, gorgeous. I couldn't help myself," He mumbles, moving a piece of hair out of my eyes.

My heart stops, he kidnapped me to make me his? He begins to smile and leans down, picking me up and placing me on his hips again. I go limp, my head swirling in thoughts.

He takes me to another room; it has a white couch placed in the middle of the room with a big TV on the wall in front of it. A coffee table separates the two, and a rug is lying under it.

While carrying me in, two men begin to pick up and drag a coffee table out. Ace patiently waits, holding me in his arms and softly bouncing me while he stares out the opened window.

The door squeaks open again and I turn to look, only to see the two men make their way back into the room; the larger table replaced with a smaller, shorter one. Ace smiles and thanks them, then places me on the floor instead of the couch.

"Um," I say, beginning to mumble something.

"You'll be okay, wait here," He orders, already seeming to know what I was going to say. I watch as he makes his way out of the room, closing the big door behind the couch as he leaves.

Maybe I can get away, now!

Logical thoughts swirl around my brain, making it hurt. I shake my head and go ahead with what I'm thinking, wasting no time as I jump to the door (the one that the two men came from, so many doors) and softly pull it open. As I look in, two different locations spark my interest. A dance room, which seems to radiate pink and sparkly vibes, and to my left is a grand doorway that opens to stairs. Two sets, in particular, both go to the same destination but they circle around the room.

My way out! I smile and quickly run to the stairs, hopping up and sliding gently down the rail. The slight wind from the downward angle blows my braids behind me, making them dangle as I slide. The floor comes closer and closer to me, making me nervous as I prepare to launch myself off the railing and land on the floor.

I made it.

I rush to the doors and yank them open, ready to leave, ready to see the sun, ready to finally be free!

The sun shines beams gently down on my skin, the fresh air dancing around my head, the gentle breeze tickling my arms.

A hand rests itself on my shoulder and I freeze, almost, I was almost there. A sudden doom seems to bury itself down into the folds of the deepest part of my brain, tears almost springing up as I realize; I'm not free.

"You don't want to do that sweetheart," a woman says softly. I turn around slowly and look up at her, she's surprisingly tall. My hands slip from the doors, and I take a deep breath, almost sobbing as I exhale.

"Come on, it's going to be okay," she tells me as she swiftly leads me back up the stairs and to the room I previously was in.

Ace stands there, a glare resting on his basically perfect face. His arms are crossed, not gently either; you can see the lines from where he's clutching at his shirt.

"Here she is, sir," the woman mumbles and walks over to him, whispers in his ear, and as he nods she leaves the room, waving goodbye to me.

Ace looks down at me, disappointment lining his face. You can see the anger, it's almost like a fire behind his eyes that has been just waiting for a dose of gasoline.

I whimper and lean back, his face reminding me of my fathers.

"I really didn't want to do this," He mumbles, rubbing his hand over his face gently. His eyebrows furrow in frustration and I whimper, nervous. "It's your first day and we haven't gone over any rules, but every bone in my body is telling me that you're not going to get the idea unless I make sure you understand. You can't just run around here and do whatever you want."