Chapter Seventeen

Constance

I honestly can't believe that Ace is letting me go to so many places, especially a restaurant! He hardly let me leave the property at home so it's weird, I'm so used to just being in the same place for so long. But I'm so happy that we're going!

"We're here, bunny," Ace says, rubbing my thigh gently with his hand to catch my attention. I look up from my lap and smile big, seeing the Sushi restaurant, "Sushi Gen". It has a red brick base with big windows and a black concrete patio with a short roof on it.

"This is awesome, thank you so much," I whisper to him in awe. I can't remember the last time I was in a Sushi restaurant.

"You're welcome, are you ready to go inside?" He asks, chuckling a little at my reaction.

"Absolutely!" I giggle happily and he's quick to turn off the car, hop out, and come over to my side and open the door. He unbuckles me and helps me out, standing me on my feet and then grabbing my hand to lead me inside.

We make our way in slowly, there being a long line just barely out the doors. I go to the back of it and wait patiently, but Ace pulls on my hand to cut the line.

I look at him with furrowed eyebrows and shake my head, staying still.

"Come on," He says, tugging on my arm once more.

"No, I don't like to cut lines, it's impolite," I tell him, shaking my head.

"I have a reservation, come on," He says once more and I sigh, following along with him. I hate cutting people in line, I feel so rude. We squeeze through the doorway and beeline for the front. Soon enough, I'm standing in front of the Host and people are grumbling behind us.

"Hello, I have a reservation for Aveili, 7 pm," Ace tells the Host, slightly smiling.

"Yes, sir. Two people, correct?" The woman says, smiling toothily.

"Yep," He says, wrapping his arm around my waist.

"Table or booth?" She questions, turning to look at Ace quickly.

"Booth," I whisper to him.

"Booth, please," He replies to her, then we watch as she grabs 2 menus and silverware and then stalks off to find us a booth. We follow closely, not wanting to lose her in the crowds of people.

We finally reach our table and she gestures to it for us to sit down, Ace kisses my forehead before we both sit down on opposite sides of the booth.

"What can I get started for you guys? Anything to drink?" She asks with a cheeky smile painted on her face.

"I'll have a coke and she'll have..." Ace trails off, looking to me for what I'd like.

"Uhm, I'd like a sweet tea, please," I mumble softly to him.

"Right away, sweetie!" The sweet lady smiles at me and bounces off to the kitchen.

"You can order anything you would like to have here, okay little one?" Ace says with a smile, looking down at me with a smile.

"Thank you!!" I grin at him, excited to try some food from a new place. I quickly pull out the menu and look at my different options - though it doesn't take me very long to pick out what I want.

"I know what I really want," I tell him softly, looking up at him with sparkling eyes.

"Yes?" He asks, peeking at my menu as if we're not looking at the same thing.

"California rolls with tempura sauce, an order of Kani, and Anago, please!" I tell him sweetly, closing my menu and sliding it to the edge of the table then crossing my legs.