Chapter Thirteen

Constance

As soon as the words are done and gone from my mouth, everyone begins to cheer and welcome me. Ace guides me down the rest of the way and through the crowd, taking me around to meet his people.

He has me meet his closest circle first, the group that helps the most, and who he calls first. 

"This is Chichi, Gustaf, Aaron, Lillian, and Noah, of course. Chichi's job is to take care of surprises - first responder, random attacks, whatever. Gustaf takes care of training and newcomers. Aaron is in charge of weaponry and shipments, Lillian takes care of anything to do with hospitals and she has good connections, and Noah is my bodyguard." Ace explains, a hearty smile on his face. He leans in and whispers in my ear before I say anything. "He is now yours."

I roll my eyes at him, but turn to the others and decide to push that conversation for another time. "It's really nice to meet you all, except you Noah, already met you. I'm Constance, as you already know, and I'm happy that I get to be here and meet you guys!"

"You are so adorable," Chichi, I think, says. She's sporting purple hair that's cut at her shoulders and brown eyes. She looks a little Chinese, but it's rude to assume, and she's wearing a tight leather dress that ends mid-thigh with combat boots and a black purse. 

"Thank you?" I ask with a laugh, smiling happily at her. 

"You really are!" She insists, Aaron rolls his eyes and steps forward to grab my attention as he flaps his hand at her. 

"Ignore her, she's terrible at talking to people, I swear. That's why her job is to shoot first, ask questions... never. I'm Aaron - and gay! So you can tell me ANYTHING, and we can talk about hot dudes together," He winks and begins to whisper as he leans in. "I honestly really dig Noah, you gotta help me out here, he's practically a Greek god."

I grin, looking up at Noah a couple of feet away from us, talking to Ace. He has dirty blond hair and grey-blue eyes and is built like a robot, dude is an actual catch. Not to mention, over 5"10 - not the most important thing, but it sure does help.

"I'll try my hardest! I think he's bisexual, at least, and you guys would be really cute together!" I whisper back to him and he low-fives me. Genuinely, they would be an adorable couple. Aaron has brown fluffy hair and eyes like a puppy - today, he's wearing a red suit - and he has a sweet, enticing smile. Turning to Gustaf, I do my best to smile at him. He doesn't look old, but he does look gruff and grumpy with a grey beard. 

"It's nice to meet you, Gustaf. I hope we can work together and get everyone in tip-top shape," I grin happily and confidently. He stares at me for a second, unsure of how to respond to my bubblyness. I stick my hand out, waiting for him to shake it.

"We'll see, depends on how good you are," He huffs as he takes my hand firmly in his and holds it there for a second, increasing his strength as I match his, initiating a staring contest. I slowly smile as his eyes close, feeling the need to blink. 

"I suppose we'll just have to duke it out sometime, test you," He smiles sinisterly, wanting to see exactly how I would respond to him. 

"I'm free whenever you are, there's a practicing room not too far away," I grin, standing up to the challenge. 

"Would you like to after dinner, then? If you would still feel up to it, of course," he chuckles, leaving the silence up for me to respond. 

I feel Ace's arm wrap around my waist and squeeze harshly in a warning. Don't do this, this is stupid, whatever he would say. Turning my head, I look up at him to see his face. His eyes are dark and small, zoned in on me instead of everything else in the room. Does he think that Gustaf would be able to beat me?