Chapter Six

Ace

I hop up quickly, rushing out of my office and to Constance's room. The door swings open and I see her, standing over a broken vase guiltily. Her closet door is left open, clothes strewn out across the floor inside and outside of it. Sighing, I go over to where she stands, her eyes open like a deer caught in headlights. Her knees are scrapped up a little, she must've gotten on the ground and attempted to pick up the broken pieces.

"Back to the bathroom," I whisper to her as I pick her up swiftly, careful not to bother her knees, and begin to walk to the room. A pout forms on her face as she grumbles frustratedly.

I set her gently on the sink as I come in, then dig around in the first aid kit that sits on one of her shelves (it's beside her tub). Finally, I find the hydrogen peroxide and grab a washcloth, then I turn back to her. She cowards back, knowing that it's going to hurt when I pour it on.

"You should've been more careful," I say as I dump a little on. Her whimpers make my brain swirl, but I shake it away diligently. As I finish, she huffs and looks away from me.

"Now, do you want to tell me why you were searching your bedroom so frantically?" I question, putting my arms beside her small body on the counter as to trap her.

"I-uh.. I wanted to smoke, I didn't know what you did with all of my stuff," She explains dejectedly.

I sigh, disappointed in her horrible habit, little girls shouldn't smoke! It's not healthy in so many ways. Though, I can't quite blame her; she hasn't had me around to tell her what's okay and what isn't. Not to mention, she's her own person and should be able to decide how she wants to treat her body.

"I'll get your pack, I suppose. But only if you promise to be a good girl for me," I say, looking down at her. "No breaking things or causing issues without reason, okay?"

She nods nervously and hops off the counter as I motion for her to follow me. I hear her little footsteps pad across the floor as she follows me out of the bathroom and to the main hallway.

"Noah!" I call, looking for my personal guard. He appears in a doorway a couple yards down the hallway, looking down to us. His eyes stay on Constance, a soft smile lining his face.

"Yes, sir?" He questions, looking back up to me.

"Hand me the pack of cigarettes that she came here with," I sigh, my hand held out for him to place them down on. His quickly paces down the hall to me, digs in his pocket, and places them in my hand.

I turn, disappointment written across my face, and Constance looks up to me with a bright smile.

"Lighter? Please?" She asks sweetly, hoping for the last item she needs in order to fulfill her unhealthy habit. Noah holds one out for her and she quickly lights a smoke and hands it back to him, taking a long drag. "Thank you very much!"

I snatch her up quickly, carrying her out to the patio and placing her down. My home shouldn't ever smell like those nasty things.

"Why'd you do that?" She asks, trying to keep the frustration out of her tone. I look at her with a raised eyebrow, almost scoffing.

"Don't smoke in the house," I say simply. She rolls her eyes as she turns away, leaning on the balcony railing and smiling up at the sky.

"It's so pretty out here," She mumbles to herself, blowing out a smooth cloudy trail of smoke. I watch the wisps dance through the wind and slowly dissipate.

"It is, isn't it?" I mumble in response, moving over to where I'm beside her and leaning over the railing as she is.

"It really is," She smiles gently. Out of the corner of my eye, I see her look up to me curiously and look away quickly. She giggles as she watches a bunny go from bush to bush, then takes another drag of her cigarette. She quickly scans around us, but looks up to me questioningly. "Where can I put this out at?"