Chapter 30

"Are you good?" Ghost asked Soap as the two of them hid inside one of the storage rooms.

"I'll live... But what the hell just happened??" Soap shook his head in an attempt to make himself focus.

"(Y/N) shot you." There was a slight hint of disbelief in his tone. Soap almost missed it.

"I'm well aware. Why, is the question." Ghost shook his head, not sure either. There was a long pause before Ghost spoke up again.

"From this moment forward, anyone outside this room is hostile. Don't hesitate," Ghost stated coldly, and Soap just stood there unsure about what to do. It was like what happened with Graves... But he failed to see the reason behind (Y/N)'s betrayal. After all, there was no reason for (Y/N) to betray them as far as he was concerned.

"... Are you sure about this L.T.?" Soap carefully asked as he warily looked at Ghost.

"Affirmative. Let's find Gaz and get out of here," his voice was getting rougher and sharper.,. He was furious. Soap didn't argue and followed after him, keeping himself alerted to any sudden attacks.

"Can you still contact him?" Soap whispered as they walked through the corridors with no clear sense of direction. They had no idea where they were.

"No, the signal was cut off the moment we entered this place. We need to get outside," Ghost took a turn to the left and into the corridor he vaguely recalled from Emma's drawing.

There were people dressed in hospital gowns walking around the corridor, but the most crowded place was near the door leading to the big hall.

"Isn't this the hall they were talking about? We must be on the lowest level then," Soap stated as he stood behind the wall.

"Yeah, the stairs leading up are this way," Ghost nodded his head at the slightly crowded corridor.

"What do you have in mind L.T.?" Ghost pointed at the fire alarm button behind Soap.

"Aye, let's do this," Soap formed a fist, about to punch the button before Ghost signalled for him to hold his action.

Ghost was looking sharply at the two people walking down the corridor to where they were.

"Get in position, Sargeant. On my signal, take the guy on your side down. I'll take her down." Soap followed Ghost's eye to see Ross and (Y/N) walking down the corridor. Wearing the same stoic expression (Y/N) had when she shot him. It felt wrong, but they had no choice.

"In 3... 2... 1" Soap aimed a punch at Ross's nape in an attempt to knock him out without causing too much noise. Ross held his neck in pain from the hit, but he didn't pass out. Quickly regaining his posture, he swung a knife at Soap who managed to hold it back before it reached his torso.

Despite the effort Ross had to put in order to match Soap's power, he didn't show any emotion. It was as if he was replaced with a robot that looks exactly like him. For Soap, who was well-trained and ready, taking Ross down didn't take much time even when he was injured. But it bothered him so much that he didn't say anything or show any emotion. Something was definitely wrong.

Ghost on the other side was not doing too well, because despite telling himself it was okay to attack now. He couldn't bring himself to do it. It hurt him more than he would like to admit, especially coming from the person he chose to trust after years of not trusting anyone.

So now he was facing (Y/N), holding her wrist with one hand while holding back the knife that was aimed at his throat with his other hand. There was no emotion on her face while she tried to kill him as if telling him that he was disposable and unworthy. Ghost kicked her ankle, tripping her in the process as he managed to snatch the knife out of her hand and knock her out.

Ghost sat there unmoving as he stared at the face of the person who just tried to kill him. The face of the person he came all the way here to save. The face of the person he loves...?

"Ghost. Take a look at this," Soap handed the earpiece that was on Ross to Ghost. An unrecognizable voice and Emma's voice were coming out of it. They were arguing about some drugs and payments before the line went silent.

"Gaz must be here as well, considering that this guy is already here. We need to find him before going back," he stated as he placed the earpiece on himself to stay alert about any sudden news.

"What about them...?" Soap hesitantly asked as he looked over at (Y/N).

"They are hostiles, Sargeant," Ghost said firmly before smashing the fire alarm button.

"We leave them here,"