11 | First Battle

Ash's POV

Class ended soon enough and we were now having our lunch break, we put all our desk together so we can get to know each other.

"So ash I heard you've traveled to many different places right?" Mallow asked me.

"That's right, kanto, johto, the orange islands, hoenn, sinnoh, unova, kalos and now here." I explained to all of them.

"Wow that's so cool! So you must have seen alot of pokemon that we've never even seen or heard of!" Lana started getting excited with stars in her eyes.

We continued talking like that until suddenly kiawe spoke up.

"Hey ash I've been meaning to ask since you just arrived but where did you get that Z-ring?" He asked me while pointing at the ring on my wrist.

Suddenly the alolan natives saw it too and were shocked to see I had one.

"You didn't already complete the grand trial of melemele island did you?!" Sophocles asked me as he got closer.

"Well no actually.." I looked at lillie who sighed as she saw me looking her way.

"He got it directly from Tapu koko himself when he helped me." Lillie told the truth.

"What?! Tapu koko?! But why did he give ash a Z-ring?!" The alola gang all shouted.

"I honestly don't know but I remember reading that Tapu koko will give special gifts to anyone it likes or thinks is special." Lillie explained to them.

"Then that must mean Tapu koko really likes ash." Lana said as she continued to look at Ash's Z-ring.

"I have another question, why are you and your friends here in alola? You don't look like you're here just to study or take on the trial." Kiawe said seriously as he carefully examined everyone.

My eyes turned wide, and everyone else did as well, everyone was getting nervous and looked towards me hoping I'd say something.

"Of course we're here for that! Why wouldn't we be." I tried to lie my way out but I could tell they didn't buy it.

"Alright I know you have your reasons I won't ask again." Kiawe gave up, but now I felt bad for keeping it a secret they seem like nice people.

I sighed, "No wait.. I'll tell the truth." I admitted and everyone looked at me as If I'm asking if I'm sure, I nodded and they all nodded back.

I proceeded to explain the betrayal, the traitors attacking us, and us running away here to seek help from professor kukui and principal oak who let us enroll here.

"They did that?! How could they!" Mallow shouted in anger that someone could stoop so low.

"I'm sorry for that ash that must have been hard, but we won't be like them! We're on your side." Lana comforted and it was nice to hear really.

"Yeah, don't listen to a bunch of no brains, they didn't deserve you." Sophocles added and I smiled.

"No one should ever give up on there dream, keep moving forward ash and we'll be by your side." Kiawe said as he held out his fist with a smile, I bumped my fist into him and I could tell my life was going to be filled with excitement.

Even though I wasn't that close with this four students yet, I could tell they are going to be one of my best friends here in alola, to a stranger like me, they welcome me with open arms and accept me by their side is something I appreciate.

"Thank you everyone! I'll definitely make my dream come true count on it!" I declared with Pikachu agreeing with me all the way.

Just then we heard someone yell.
Give my pokemon back!
And I immediately run out of the classroom all the way to the schoolyard and saw 3 people harassing a student, they were wearing black clothing and black mask they're definitely trouble.