13 | First Pokemon And Trial

It's finally time for ash's first trial and first alolan pokemon!
I wasn't expecting the fanfic to reach this far before ash caught his first pokémon from alola or first trial very sorry about that I just go way into detail with the story.

Now onward to adventure!

--------------------

Ash's POV

It's finally time for my first trial, professor kukui told me it was a normal type trial and the trial captain was someone named ilima, the trial site was on route 2 in verdant cavern.
I was just finishing my breakfast so I could go there already.
Suddenly I felt something on my head, I looked up to see it was a pokémon.

"Who's this pokémon?" I asked no one in particular.

"I think it's a rowlet." Gary answered me. Professor kukui continued "That's exactly right gary, it's one of the starter pokémon people can choose from in the alola region."

"Wow that's so cool!" Max said as he examined rowlet.

"Hey ash I have an idea why don't you catch rowlet?" Professor kukui asked me as he held out a pokeball which I assumed was rowlets.

"Really are you sure?" I asked for confirmation since I already had my starter which was pikachu.
"Of course, rowlet seems to like you so why not?" Professor said, so I took rowlets pokeball.

"Rowlet want to be my pokémon?" I asked it as it tilted it's head as it said "Sure".
I returned rowlet into it's pokeball and put it on my belt.
My first alolan pokémon, so cool.
I left talonflame, haluwcha, pidgeot and noivern at home for now since I wanted to use my new pokémon at the first few trials.

I finished eating so I went out and said bye to professor kukui, mom and professor burnet and started going to my first trial, gary, paul, brock, dawn, bonnie, max and lillie came with me to the trial site.
I wonder why lillie came though.

We walked until we reached route 2 and saw a pink haired trainer.

"Hey are you ash, gary and paul?" He came to me and asked. "Yeah that's right are you ilima the trial captain of verdant cavern?" I asked for confirmation since he just came up to me.

"Yeah that's right, Professor kukui told me about you 3, Your trial will begin shortly follow me." He motioned me to follow him into the cavern and the others did the same.

As we got inside, ilima then continued to tell me what the trial was about.

"Okay in this trial you will have to find 3 pokémon hinding in a den, and battle them, once you finish the totem pokémon, will appear, the totem pokémon is a much more bigger and powerful version of a pokemon and you can use any amount of pokemon you'd like." Ilima explained.

"Alright I'll go first, gary and paul will go after me" I told him as the others went to the side cause they were just going to watch though I heard paul mumble about not getting to do it first.
Before I went to do my trail I heard lillie.