27 | Lush Jungle, Green Field

Welcome back to another chapter of A True Hero and Champion!
When we last left our heroes, ash and lillie were together doing ash's trial with the others watching them secretly from a drone that meowth and sophocles had built made to spy on them, however unknown to them trouble is about to ensue back on mele mele island.

Can they make it back to rescue the trio and the island? Stay to find out!
Now onward to adventure!

Ash's Pokemon:

Pikachu
Eevee
Rowlet
Rockruff
Quilava
Infernape

-------------------------------------

3rd POV

After they both had calm down from the mama comment of eevee, lillie and ash didn't discuss it any further, deciding to just head back to the others to finish the trial.

When they got back however everyone was looking a bit weird, mallow, dawn and lana were sweating with a nervous smile, sophocles was hiding something behind his back.
Brock and kiawe tried to act normal as they smiled and welcomed back the duo.
Gladion was glaring a bit, and moon tried to surpress a smirk from growing, and stopping herself from teasing them to death.
Professor kukui hid his face behind his hat trying to hide his growing smile.

"Uhm.. What's wrong with all of you?" Ash noticed all the weirdness in the air and decided to ask, however no one wanted to admit they had been spying on the two since they left.

"Nothing! Anyway did you find the ingredients ash?" Mallow immediately shook of question and changed the topic, ash stared suspiciously for a moment but didn't wanna make his trial go any longer.

"Yeah here you go." He said as he handed mallow the forage bag which was definitely filled with mago berries, honey and a big root, she nodded.

"Alright so all that's left is to cook the food and the totem should appear." Mallow explained and ash nodded to the question.

They all surrounded the pot and watched mallow put the ingredients in it, but there's no fire yet.

"Kiawe help me out and ask turtonator to light this up." Mallow asked ordered kiawe, and he nodded.
He grabbed his pokeball and let turtonator out.

"Alright turtonator use flamethrower but gently." Kiawe told his partner and he nodded, he let out a tiny flamethrower and the pot heated up in a few seconds.

"Alright thank you." Mallow thanked him, and she proceeded to put the ingredients in it, stirring as she did, the aroma of the food was making everyone a bit hungry.

"When we get home, I'll prepare a feast to celebrate ash's victory." Professor kukui suggested, "Oh yeah! Heck yeah! Thanks professor!" Everyone thanked and was excited to head back home.

"You're so confident he'll win." Mallow commented as she giggled while stirring.

"Hey! I won both the brooklet hill and wela volcano trial ya know!" Ash retorted, and they all just laughed.

"What are you making anyway mallow?" Ash asked as he looked closer at their dish, "It's the totems favorite food my cousin told me, so we're using this to lure it out!" Mallow explained as she finished.

Turtonator stopped the flames and kiawe returned him, the aroma started filling the jungle, suddenly the ground was shaking a bit.

"Everyone but lillie and ash get back now!" Mallow commanded, and they all listened backing away a few meters to a tree.

"W-wait! Why me?!" Lillie shouted, confused why she couldn't back away like the others, "Because since you did the ingredients finding with ash, you have to battle too!" Mallow surprised everyone at the sudden announcement but was too focused on the shaking.