Faster than the wind (third challenge)

~Working together, tiny star light the universe. That's the power of teamwork~

 That's the power of teamwork~

    The schools gathered once again for the third challenge. The weather was perfect enough for this particular challenge. Rather than the field where they usually gathered, the schools where seated close to a lake.

"A race? Out team is definitely gonna win" a girl with blonde hair beamed to the other with purple.

"I know right?" The purple haired girl effused, clapping hands with the other as the jumped in place, squealing in bliss.

------

"I'm not ready for this" Capricorn sighed, sitting next to Taurus. Virgo was still standing, looking at the pessimistic girl, while the realist shrugged.

"Whether you're ready or not, we still have to do it" Virgo clicked his tongue, turning back to the lake.

The lake was glistening from the sunlight, twinkling like a thousand fire flies.

Gemini stretched, moaning loudly. He then yawned with his eyes close, feeling the cool breeze pass through his Platinum blonde hair. " lovely weather we have today, perfect for winning" he sighed in pure bliss.

" where do you get your enthusiasm from?" Libra prodded, adjusting far visor to protect her face better.

Aquarius who was leaning on her back replied. "The fire was born in us and we keep it burning" she relaxed more on Libra's back, pushing her towards the ground.

"Aquarius get of me" Libra pushed her head back.

Cancer stood from a distance looking at Gemini as he joined Aquarius in pushing Libra down. "They seem to play a lot, don't you think?" She averted her gaze to Pisces and Scorpio who were having a side chat.

"What?" Bewildered Pisces turned to her. "Did you say something?"

"No,  I didn't" Cancer curled into herself, huffing her cheeks.

Mr Dionysus turned on the megaphone, calling for everyone's attention. "First of all, I'd like to thank each and every competitor for being fair and work hard for each challenge" he began. Everyone was fully paying attention now.

"You'll have drones accompanying you  as you go, filming the event for the schools watching along with spectators in case anything goes wrong, make sure all your safety materials are with you and with that, let the boat race challenge begin!"

Aries's pov

"Why are we wearing a lifejacket?" Sagittarius kept complaining as she wore the orange vest.

"Probably so we don't die?" I countered her question. I was finally team captain and yes the title deals great.

We got on the boat and I sat down on the row position, Leo as the stern while Sagittarius was the port. "This is gonna be easy, I started rowing when I was three"

"We  know, quit bragging already" Came Leo's dull voice from behind.

We got in position, waiting for  the signal to start. I closed my eyes to concentrate better, my hear pounding against my chest.

'Ready, set, go!'

With that command we started paddling as fast as we could. We're gonna win this, right?

Taurus's pov

Unbelievable, our Captain is sea sick.
"Why did you tell us sooner?" Virgo frowned, sitting in the port position.

"Don't worry, I got this" Capricorn assured, spreading an oddly wide grin. Seeing her grin like that is scary, since she rarely even smiles.

"Why do you always have to push yourself?" I question from the back, getting a bit distracted. 

Capricorn grunted exasperatedly  throwing her head back. "Guys concentrate and row"

Why doesn't she like talking about herself and feelings?

I quickly paid attention to rowing, cool water splashing on my face.

Gemini's pov

   'Row, row, row your boat gently down the lake, merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, we just have to win' Aquarius and I sang non stop, Libra whining from behind.

Aquarius was now team captain, singing loudly and occasionally yelling. "Life, life, win, dream"

Libra rolled her eyes, attempting to face palm but couldn't due to rowing.

"Imagine if we came fishing here, her voice would scare off the fishes" I bantered, tittering afterwards.

Aquarius let go of an oar, swinging her hand to smack me. "Oh my gosh Aquarius concentrate" Libra screamed from behind, making me to laugh even more. "Can't we be organised for one second?"

I doubt that!

Cancer's pov

  "I'm wearing a lifejacket"

"But still, you never know"

Scorpio hardly say anything, he was the stern so he just rowed from behind.

I averted my attention from Pisces's lifejacket to Air Academy, who were being loud as usual. They were bickering again and their boat almost flipped over.

I could hear Pisces and Scorpio cracking up a bit, watching them was like a TV show, with Libra being the sane one while Aquarius and Gemini dragged for the loco spot.

"I can see the finish line" Pisces beamed, paddling faster. He was the team captain and was familiar with anything water related.

And that is one on the things I like about him.

-----------------------------------------------------------
I'm thinking of doing a brighter shade of pink hair next or maybe green 🤔

Anyways hi, how are you?
Pls vote and comment your thoughts

Thank you for your support, you dudes are amazing, Cya 💙