Equestrian (seventh Challenge)

~There's no glory in a star till looked upon by a loving eye;~

"For the last time, I'll be fine, I'm a big girl."

"That's a new term," Scorpio casted Cancer a glance, trying to put on his gloves.

Cancer giggled sheepishly, looking down at her feet. "I didn't hear it from anyone," she mumbled, biting on her lip, avoiding eye contact with both boys.

"You just made it suspicious," Pisces smiled, helping Cancer with her gloves.

"Do you hear that?" Cancer jolted, looking up at the speaker, where Mr Dionysus voice was echoing from.

"What?" Pisces's head snapped up, his lips slightly parting as he looked at the speaker.

"Its time for dressage, the challenge is about to start, go get ready!" The bubbly black hair girl chimed, urging Pisces to leave.

"Okay, okay, wish me luck," Pisces gasped, reaching for his helmet.

Cancer gave him a tight hug before he dashed out, her smile disappeared when she turned to Scorpio's cold gaze. "What are you hiding?"

--------

Today couldn't be any more perfect for this challenge, the hills and grasses couldn't be any greener, the sky any bluer and the breeze any cooler the mood any cheerier.

The equestrian challenge started with the dressage part of it, which would be performed by the smarts of each school, considering the fact that the art of dressage needs both memory and attentiveness.

Dressage!

  The first school up was Fire Academy and the equestrian was none other than Leo Lionheart. Yes the guy who was distracted, watching his father's face that was clouded by a scowl and his brother's who had an unreadable expression.

He turned his attention to Aries and Sagittarius who were cheering for him. He gulp when it was finally time to go into the ring. After all this was the first time his father and brother came to watch. He had to do his best, he had to win.

Leo lightly patted the back of the Morgan he was on, tightening his grip.

Fire Academy Academy started cheering, waving their flags when the horse and its equestrian gracefully rode in.

After performing some really fancy moves, Leo had to the do his big finish. The center pirouette.

He made sure the rhythm and tempo, the horse moving at the appropriate time.

The crowd (yes even the other schools) cheered when he was done, that's not an everyday move, Leo's smile faltered when his dad still looked unamused.

"How to fucking please this man?" Leo muttered.

---

Terra high was an exception when it comes to horse back riding. Capricorn got on the horse, way more nervous that she thought she'd be. But why show it? Emotions are a set back and should be kept hidden,  or so she thought.

There are people who are always willing to help you, and that was what Capricorn never understands. Not everything should be bottled up.

The more nervous she got, the hazier the world appeared to her. The brown hair female shook her head, grabbing the poor horse tighter.

She rode into the ring, shutting out all the screams from the crowd. The horse rode round the ring, pulling fancy  tricks, making his rider even dizzier.

And when it was time for the big finish, Capricorn did the Travers and Renvers which she had planned.

The horse moved perfectly earning cheers from the guest.

The second Capricorn walked back to wear Taurus and Virgo where, that's when her body failed to stand no more,  causing the girl to pass out.

----

Libra rolled her eyes, pushing Gemini to leave, Aquarius busying herself with some chips, ignoring all the rubbish Gemini had been saying for the last few minutes.

Gemini got on his horse, patting her back. "Don't listen to Libra, she's a total mom," He cooed, riding into the ring.

His smile spread wider when the crowd cheered for him, he couldn't resist doing a little dance.

The lively boy started riding the horse, doing every trick he had learned and occasionally dancing, causing Libra and Aquarius to face palm.

For the finish Gemini had planned to the half pass a personal favorite of his.

He rode the horse to the far end of the ring, gracefully zigzagging with the horse slightly bent, proceeding to add the flying changes part of the trick.

Gemini even made the horse to bow along with himself when the task was completed.

----

Pisces and Charlon (that's what he called the horse) rode into the ring.

Horse riding wasn't a problem for him, as he could easily do that, Pisces was more focused on the choreographed part of the event.

The horse heed to Pisces command, doing every move they had practiced.

It was time for them to perform the passages after several flying changes had been done. The movement were gracefully elastic, each diagonal pair of feet raised and venture to the ground with cadence and prolonged suspension, thus creating the perfect passages.

Show jumping!

   After the dressage part of the challenge, show jumping was next and this would be carried out by the strength of each schools.

It require the ability to control the horse to properly avoid each obstacle, and avoiding any mistakes at all cost, since each mistake takes away points.

Aries patted his horse, awaiting the sound of the gun.

The tightened his grip on the horse, since falling off the horse is an instant elimination.

The signal was made and Aries rode into the racecourse, approaching the first obstacle which was the chevron, a triangular fence that he had to avoid by keeping the horse straight.

Next were three bush fences in a row, he had to make sure the horse jumped in a rather square jump than a circular.

"Easy as cheese!" Aries grinned as he successfully jumped, approaching the coffin which was the next obstacle.

He had to make sure the horse went over a bar with water in front.

Another success for our smiley Aries. And lastly was the combination. Which just like the name was a combination of obstacles.

"Last one buddy," Aries rubbed his horse, before finishing every course, doing a little victory dance.

-----

  After adjusting her helmet properly, Taurus sighed, with a frown on her face. She was still worried about Capricorn but Capricorn would be angrier if she didn't went head with the challenge.

"See what his horse did?" She crutched down, talking softly into the ear of her horse. "Do that too, you can right?"  The poor creature neighed in response and she patted her back, grinning.

The signal was heard and right on cue Taurus started riding towards the courses, with full hope that she'd pass everyone.

-----------------------------------------------------------
The challenge continues in the next chapter, hope to see you there.

Pls vote and comment, thanks.
Cya! 💙