OBNOXIOUS AIDEN CROOK

ELENA

“Drat!”

As if my day wasn't shitty enough because of how late I had woken, an idiot splashed muddy water with his sleek red Audi on me.

I didn't see my first ever interview to be this exasperating and exhausting, since I have never had a proper job before. This could be my first job or not, which solely depends on what would be the outcome of the interview.

Luckily, the bastard that sped by me had only splashed water on my legs.

I brought out the flask filled with water I always carried about and made use of some liquid in it to rinse my leg before stepping to the front of the company's gate.

My jaw slackened, and a smile brightened my face as I gazed at the magnificent glass-walled, seven-storey structure which stood in front of me.

Aiden Inc. was in the heart of West Vale, and it was hard to miss. It stood near another grand building, which was used as a bank.

This side of the town, which was commonly known as District One by the locals, filled with grand corporations which were owned by individuals, or so I was told.

“At last, I am in Aiden Inc.” I breathed out, grinning.

The most reputable company in West Vale and the place I fantasized about working in since after I had graduated from college with a first class in business management. It was a big feat, as I wasn't that smart to begin with.

The concierge ushered in me without many questions.

“Top floor.” He murmured, pointing in the elevator's direction.

Shutting my eyes, I stepped into the lift, and I counted at least up to ten seconds as my stomach did a flip-flop at the twirling motion. I inhaled deeply, shoving down the nausea that threatened to spill out.

Eventually, the elevator ceased, and I stepped out with ten other people I didn't notice entered. They all had a brown envelope with them like the one with me and strode in the same direction I did.

I brought out a mint from the black bag with me and popped it into my mouth before stepping to the receptionist's area.

The soft clicking of heels sounded throughout the rectangular hall with a glass mirror partitioning it as I walked towards the two girls who stood at the far end in large cubicles, with the inscription receptionist boldly written on them.

Both had fiery red hairs, blue eyes and burgundy lipsticks on their full lips.

And they wore the same black-coloured tight dress that showed their ample chest.

Though it appeared professional. However, it was revealing.

Yet, I thought Aiden Inc. was known for its strict dress code because I had heard from several individuals, Renee included, about how strict the interviewer was.

A wrong outfit would disqualify a person from getting an interview. Hence, the reason I was in this drab suit she picked out.

Perhaps it was a ruse to make the company appear decent, since the two girls in front of me had dressed like they were going for a party rather than for work.

“How may I help you?” Red-Haired one whose name on her badge reads, Claire inquired.

A wide smile painted on her lips as she stared at me. The other girl, Carol, was conversing with someone else, and she appeared to be nicer than Claire.

They looked like twins for, both share similar features-round faces, pointed chins, full lips and a wide smile. The only difference between them was Claire's hair was slightly lighter than Carol, whose was a deep shade of red. Also, Carol's nose seemed broader than Claire's, or perhaps she had flared it.