JENSEN'S RETURN

AIDEN

Walking further into the woods, howling echoed around me, but it wasn't as intense as before. Today was one of those full moons. I was out hunting, not because I wanted, instead because of Elena. 

If I had stayed longer in the room, I might have ripped the gown off her body and taken her till I became satisfied.

However, I didn't want her to hate me more than she already did, which could make it difficult to make her mine.

I glanced away as Ellen shifted back into her human form.

“I noticed some strange things around here a few minutes ago.” She mumbled, kicking at a tangled branch as we walked into the wood.

“I do too,” I said whilst sniffing at the air.

I couldn't pinpoint what it was, but I knew it meant danger.

“Also, a strange scent surrounds your house. Did you take in anyone?” Her gaze drilled into mine for some seconds before she let out a grimace.

“Don't tell me you have a human girl at your house!”

“Couldn't you at least be reasonable and take the slut elsewhere if you can't control that libido of yours?” She grunted.

“I have a human, and it isn't just any human, nor is she a slut. It's Elena.”

My brows furrowed as I noticed some footprints in the soil. I squatted whilst surveying it.

It didn't look like a small creature footprint. It was large and had the five toes completed. This was human, and the person couldn't have gone far, as it was fresh.

“Damn it, Aiden!” Ellen growled. “If you are sure she is your mate, you wouldn't jeopardize her life by keeping her until this full moon, only to satisfy your raging libido.” 

She shoved her hands through her blonde hair, glaring at me. “You know her scent is very different and stronger than that of a regular human, meaning more enemies will be on her trail in no time.”

I knew she had a distinct scent since she came into my office, but I didn't know why. According to what Ellen had said, it only took a strong will from her and the other girls not to pounce on her when she had arrived.

Likewise, if I hadn't to use all of my self-control, I would have swooped on her. Not because I felt like draining her blood, though it was enticing. I only wanted to mark her. 

“She is safe in the house. Lucia did a protection spell on it.”

“You don't know if it'll even work. And, you once said you don't believe whatever she was doing, that it is hocus-pocus. You have never for once believed magic existed!” Ellen retorted.

“It will,” I assured. I stilled as I heard a rustling sound. I lifted my hand to my lips to Ellen, who was about to say something.

I let out a low growl as I perceived another scent.

Ellen sniffed the air and snarled. “Jensen!”

I twirled around as a clap echoed in the gloomy wood. The full moon was still present and at its apex. Then a chuckle followed.

“Aha. Today is my lucky day!” The irksome voice of Jules Jensen, otherwise known as J. J, boomed. 

“Two Crooks in a place. Could my day be any better?”

He whooshed past us, shoving me to a tree. I grunted as I slammed into it. I felt my wrist broken at the impact, and I glared at J. J as he strolled in Ellen's direction.