STALKER?

ELENA

"I still can't believe Aiden Crook is your betrothed," Renee muttered in between swallowing the cereals in her mouth. 

That mistake again. 

"Sold to," I said, correcting her slip. 

She shrugged, dropping the white plastic spoon with her in the cereal bowl. "What matters is you'll get married to him."

I winced at the blunt reminder. I didn't know the reason he wished to get married to me, whereas he could get any woman he desired.

Heck, if I began working now, I don't know when I would accumulate that amount of money. Still, I believe there was no harm in trying.

The most aggravating thing was that he had fixed a wedding date, and I was sure my family weren't aware of it. 

That jerk and he wasn't even bluffing!

"Over my dead body. I'd rather die than see myself married to the pompous idiot."

"What do you intend to do about the debt? It's a hundred thousand dollars, baby." She drawled. Her green eyes stayed on mine as she cocked a brow. 

"Heck, he wouldn't mind if you marry him. I mean, wasn't that what the deal was about? Not to think of the debt?"

"That's not my problem because I don't intend to marry him. That is the reason I ran. Also, I have an alternative." I pointed out.

Renee shook her head, then propped it with her left hand. 

"The alternative better be good for your rejection to become a rich CEO's wife."

Even the name tag sounded absurd. 

Renee picked up the empty cereal plate and then walked into the kitchen, which was more like a narrow passageway. I dare not step in with her because of how tiny it was. Also, to avoid suffocation, because I never do too well in tiny places. 

The plate clattered as she placed it in the aluminium sink before switching on the faucet to rinse it.

"I applied for a nanny job I came across yesterday. The reply came in some minutes ago and they asked me to come over for an interview." I said.

"Nanny?" She snorted, and I pictured her twisting her lips down in disgust, which she did whenever irritated.

"Yes. I should be there in an hour, so I need to get ready." I rushed out.

"Why would you choose to be a nanny instead of a CEO's wife?" She implored, but I didn't answer.

Instead, I walked into my bedroom, locking the door. Since the CEO was Aiden himself and they gave me to him illegally, I would prefer any job than to be his wife. Except for working in nightclubs like Renee. 

I have no patience for men swatting at my backside and making lewd comments whenever I was near. I wouldn't even want my boss to lose a client because of me.

I visited the pub where she worked, and it was my first and last time. A middle-aged man with a potbelly had tugged me to him, then latched his fat lips on mine whilst reeking of beer. 

Despite our size difference, I had an advantage over him since he was drunk. I had broken his f*cking hand, which served him right, as he wouldn't touch anyone without their permission anymore.

Moreover, I caused a ruckus that day, and Renee left work early after apologizing profusely to her boss. Also, I received a lot of stink eyes from the ladies present, which I didn't even care about a bit.