EPILOGUE

Epilogue

ELENA

I smiled as I tucked a strand of white hair behind my ear.
Glancing at my reflection in the enormous vanity mirror in front of me as Ellen redid my lipgloss that had smeared, I noticed the glow in my face. She had applied sparkling shadows to my eyelids.
Initially, I objected as I didn't want to be too flashy or look like a clown, but I was glad I let her persuade me into using it.
I swirled, and the pristine white gown I donned followed.
Callista had let me borrow the vintage gown used on her wedding day, and Ellen and Sparkles had helped me recreate it to make it look a little modern.
“One more thing," Ellen mumbled.
I grinned as she placed the two-tiered crystal veil onto my hair.
Also, I noticed slight changes when it wasn't there.
“You look like a real princess now." She smiled.
“Thank you, Ellen."
“Anything for my soon-to-be sister-in-law." She winked at me through the mirror, then went back to adding a bronze on her cheeks.
“I like the sound of that." I giggled.
“Let's get you wedded," Ellen said when she was done.
Ellen and Maya helped with the train of my wedding dress, whereas Sparkles tossed white roses in the air as I walked by.
"Dad." I grinned while gazing at my father in a suit. He hardly wore one, and I liked how young it made him look.
His eyes and the corner of his lips crinkled as he smiled. "My princess."
I clasped the hand he extended towards me as well as let him kiss both my cheeks before we walked down the aisle.
The walk down the aisle was as I had imagined. My dad locked his hand through mine as we slowly moved towards the altar.
“You look perfect." He said for the umpteenth time.
"I know, dDad. You said that not long again." I giggled.
“I can't believe my little girl is getting married." He mumbled.
My eyes travelled around the vast cathedral, which was filled with every member of the royal family in the West Vale.
My stepmother sat at the front pew, and she beamed when her gaze trailed to mine.
Ava and Amy did a small wave, and I acknowledged them by nodding.
After the incident in the Garden of Promise, my relationship with everyone improved. My stepmother and stepsisters were not so mean anymore.
In fact, we had become that family that cared about each other's welfare, a family I never thought we would.
My eyes then settled on Aiden, who was grinning from ear to ear.
I giggled as I continued staring at him.
Eventually, I got to the altar, and my father handed me to him.
“Take care of my daughter, or else you'll be sorry if you don't treat her right." He threatened.
“Dad." I groaned, rolling my eyes.
“No problem, sir. I would perfectly treat your little princess the best way that I can."
“Well said.” My father patted Aiden's back, then moved back to his seat, which was next to my stepmother.
The minister began the ceremony, but I wasn't listening as my eyes were on Aiden's.
The two-piece tuxedo he donned looked perfect on him. His hair was longer and combed back.
I found it sexy that he grew out his hair. I shook my head as several naughty thoughts of what I could do to the hair in the bedroom appeared in my head.
“You are perfect, darling." Aiden's gorgeous blue eyes twinkled.
My face reddened at the compliment. I was never going to get used to him complimenting me.
After exchanging vows, the minister pronounced us man and wife.
“You may kiss the bride."
Aiden's lips locked on mine in a long, prolonged kiss.
My toes curled and uncurled, and the butterflies in my stomach behaved more like a bat as they somersaulted.
I laughed as we stopped for breath, then continued again.
The crowd cheered and then burst out in a peal of laughter.
I didn't mind; I was happy Aiden and I were finally together despite everything that desired to drive us apart.