REVELATION(1)

AIDEN

I twisted on the fluffy king-size bed I was on jerked awake as my hands came in contact with a pillow instead of a warm body.

I felt the part of the bed Elena had slept on, to realize she had long gone out of it.

Swinging my feet on the frigid floor, I roamed around the house in only a pyjamas bottom, yelling her name.

I panicked as I received no reply, and the image of yesterday's event flashed back into my mind.

Darting across the living room, I bumped into a warm body.

Elena yelped at the abruptness, and my hand shot out to steady her.

I noticed she was dressed up in the clothes she had been on the first day, and her bag was with her.

She moved past me as my hands left her body.

"Where are you going?"

She halted, swirled, and stared straight through me.

"Home," she replied with a poker face.

I shoved my hand through my hair, glaring at her. "You can't go home!"

"Why not?"

"Because b-because you are my fucking mate!" I gritted my teeth.

Her brows furrowed as she gazed at me. "I don't understand. What is a mate? You almost killed me yesterday! You don't expect me to stay back, right?"

"I don't even understand what the fuck is going on. What happened last night, Aiden?" She cussed while thoughtfully staring at me.

"Will you be calm and let me explain everything to you?" I mumbled slowly.

She nodded before settling into the couch I guided her to.

"What is going on?"

I inhaled deeply, then let it out slowly before I continued. "I'm a werewolf. And I come from a long bloodline of werewolves." I stated simply, as there was no need to beat about the bush.

"Okay..." she trailed off. Her eyes widened at the revelation. Though she had seen me shift, she was still stunned.

"I'm an alpha, and in the werewolf world, it's the leader of the pack. My pack consists of other werewolves. Omega, Beta, Gamma, and delta. Some packs can decide to have another supernatural being if they want. Like mine, there are a lot of supernatural beings in it, but that's a story for another time."

I watched her nod her head yet again before she beckoned on me to continue.

"Most times, before anyone can be the alpha of a pack, he would need to kill the predecessor or inherit it. For me, it was an inheritance because my father didn't want to be an Alpha. He felt he was too weak to take on that position and opt-in to be an elder."

"I once had a Luna, her name is Sien..."

"Who is a Luna and an elder?"

"The Luna is the mate of the alpha werewolf, and the Elder is a werewolf with great experience and knowledge of the werewolf world."

"My Luna was Sienna. She was everything to me and the mother of Gemma. However, her life was cut short by Jensen's clan." I sucked in a deep breath, shook my head as I watched her startled expression.

"Oh my goodness, I'm so sorry." Her hands covered mine in an instant, and she rubbed tiny circles on it.

I shivered at the feelings it ignited in me, and I didn't want her to stop. Eventually, she did, but her soft hands still covered mine.

"What happened to her, and who is the Jensen's clan?" Elena asked.

"Well, Sienna was a witch. Though I didn't see her cast any spell, she was. The Jensen clans were the East Vale werewolves and the enemy of all werewolves. The werewolf that came for you the last night is part of them. You need to read the complete history of them to comprehend who they are because you won't understand even If I bring the whole narration to you."

"Okay. This doesn't explain why you keep on detaining me here and why I'm attacked. Is it because of the debt my father owed?"

I stared at her as I thought about it. Was it the debt that made me want to keep her?

No, it was not. I answered for myself. Because I had long forgotten about it after she ran away, a hundred thousand dollar bill couldn't and wouldn't put a dent in my fortune.

I had initially asked for her because of what I overheard her father saying that day.

He had been so drunk that he kept on talking about his gorgeous daughter non-stop. His daughter, who would bring him a fortune after he sold her off, all in the name of marriage.

Being the philanthropist I was, had listened with rapt attention. His beautiful daughter intrigued me, and I wanted to save her from a nasty fate. I had initiated the gambling that night after George Lockser had beaten almost everyone.

He was skilled yet very flawed, and I used it against him.

"Why am I here, Aiden?" Elena repeated, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"This has nothing to do with the debt. The moment you stepped into my office, I was drawn to you. I felt the connection." I said.

I pointed to her exposed neck. "This isn't hickey. I marked you by mistake. Though it will happen eventually, I feel you don't like me. But seeing the mark there says otherwise."

Her hand went to her neck, where the crescent-shaped mark was located.

"Not only that, you are susceptible to dangers. That's why I want you here, Elena."

"Who are you protecting me from?"

"Jensen," I said.

I stopped to watch her reaction. She blinked once, then twice, as she glanced at me.

"He came three days ago. He was here to kill you. The werewolf that appeared yesterday, too, was sent to assassinate you." I said, watching her eyes go wide again.

"I still don't understand all this. At first, I thought you were keeping me here deliberately. Now, you are telling me otherwise."

"Aside from that, do you remember what happened last night?" I asked.

She nodded. "A werewolf almost killed me. I'm not sure if I can ever forget this in my life."

"Not that." I shook my head. "I meant, what happened in this room yesterday?"

"What happened, Aiden?" Her brows furrowed as she stared at me.

"I think you have magic, Elena," I mumbled.

However, she heard me. I watched as her expression went from relaxed to stun. Though she had worn the expression since I began the narration, this was different.

"I have m-magic?" She sputtered. "How?"

"You don't remember the migraines of yesterday you attacked me with?"

"What migraine?"

Her gaze stayed on mine for a few minutes before she shook her head.

Her sleek white hair followed suit as she moved it. My fingers itched to wrap it around my hands, but I clenched my hand.

I was sure I hadn't imagined it. Yesterday, she had cast a spell, and the only person that had been able to weaken me that way was Maya, a witch in my pack.

The first time I met Maya was during a ball party which was hosted every year to mark the founder's day and another important occasion. She had noticed the blood stained on my chin, the blood I had sucked from a poor animal.

She didn't listen to the explanation I was about to issue out to clear the air that I hadn't killed a human. Her hands had shot out like how Elena's did last night and had left me groaning in pain.

Until Sienna intercepted her, knocking her out.

"I don't understand this still. Perhaps I need to go home to assimilate everything."

She stood, but my hand shot out to stop her. She yelped at the abruptness, then glared at me.