A NEW NANNY

AIDEN

“So, big bro, will you tell me what that was about earlier today?” Ellen lifted her brows as she stared at me.

“What?” I questioned back.

Though I knew what she was talking about, I wasn't ready to tell her anything. Not in front of my three other siblings and parents, who now gazed at me with piqued interest.

Nosy bunch of people!

“That girl, she left your office in anger and almost murdered Claire with the look in her eyes.” Ellen shook her head, chuckling. Perhaps pleased with the scene.

I chuckled as I imagined her and Claire going one on one. Claire would no doubt shred her into pieces, yet I wouldn't watch that happen.

Anyone that touched her had me to answer to because she was my responsibility, even though she hadn't realized it yet.

“Don't give me that look. All the other participants came out and didn't look as if they were about to murder anyone except her. Are you hiding anything from me? Your darling sister?” Ellen blinked her eyes continually, then pouted.

Sparkles scoffed, rolling her eyes whilst the twin snickered.

I preferred Ellen to all my siblings. Not because she assisted me in running the business, she was the most level-headed of them all.

She thinks first then reacts later, which often was deadly.

“Besides, her name sounds familiar. Elena Lockser, I believe I've heard that name before, but I can't figure out where.” She tilted her head whilst gazing at the white ceiling.

The chandelier above dangled and did nothing to add to lighten the room we were in. Though it wasn't entirely dark, at least to us, it wasn't. A single large window was at its widest, which enabled the sun ray and cool wind to drift in.

“I know!” Sparkles snapped her fingers.

“There is only one Elena Lockser I've seen, and I know of. The daughter of George Lockser and sister to Ava and Amy. Platinum blonde hair, grey eyes and mouth that can rival a toilet.” Sparkles wrinkled her nose as she portrayed her.

Truly, she was right in the description, however; she forgot to add fiery and headstrong.

“Sparkles.” Mom berated, scowling. “Never say such a nasty word, especially when eating. Besides, you are a lady, and a proper lady never utters such words.” She lectured.

“Maybe I don't want to be a proper lady.” Sparkles retorted, shrugging.

Mom scowled whilst dad snickered, earning him a death glare from her.

“Her description makes her sound cool.” Liam grinned, which made Sparkles swat his hair.

“That's her!” Ellen affirmed. Her gaze, however, travelled back to me.

“So?” I implored, gazing around the table.

“Who is she?” She questioned back.

Although I didn't want to say anything and no one would bring it out of my mouth if I never wanted. Yet, I needed to let them know of my decision.

“My mate and soon-to-be wife, since you all want to know,” I stated, grinning at the word, mate.

Five pairs of eyes gawked at me.

“Uhn?” Sparkles sputtered, choking on the water in her mouth.

Liam, who was next to her, rubbed her back to ease her.